Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

From the villa forum 

Sheffield Wednesday never have been nor never will be a better option than Aston Villa. That's a bit like saying Nora Batty would be a better shag than Cameron Diaz! :P

That would all depend on if you like Nora Batty as much as Rhodes likes Wednesday wouldn't it.

lol

2 minutes ago, Mercian Owl said:

Without sounding bitter, if Rhodes does indeed end up at Villa along with all the other players they have bought in this window, it would be very amusing if they didn't even make the play offs!

They Won't make the playoffs. Its not just the points difference between us and them its the shear number of teams they need to overtake. Not going to happen

1 minute ago, Mercian Owl said:

Without sounding bitter, if Rhodes does indeed end up at Villa along with all the other players they have bought in this window, it would be very amusing if they didn't even make the play offs!

I personally don't think they will. It will take a lot more than half a dozen signings to turn round everything that's wrong at that club.

Just now, Mercian Owl said:

The schadenfreude of seeing their demise would be a thing to savour.

Blackburn followed a very similar path a few years back. It's very risky..

57 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Winnall was plan B. I'm more worried about the time waisted chasing this deal (if it dunt happen), and the impact on other targets. 

Are we absolutely sure they have wasted any time on this deal?

For all we know they have been waiting patiently to see if they can get him on loan. Didn't Carlos say a few days ago that he didn't expect any more signings unless a bargain appeared. There is a difference between what the media and twitter says and what the club may actually have been doing.

I've no idea what is true and what isn't.  If we go with what we have, then that's fine, we get promoted or we don't. If we don't, which is most likely considering the play offs is 3- 1 odds, we go again next year. 

2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Are we absolutely sure they have wasted any time on this deal?

For all we know they have been waiting patiently to see if they can get him on loan. Didn't Carlos say a few days ago that he didn't expect any more signings unless a bargain appeared. There is a difference between what the media and twitter says and what the club may actually have been doing.

I've no idea what is true and what isn't.  If we go with what we have, then that's fine, we get promoted or we don't. If we don't, which is most likely considering the play offs is 3- 1 odds, we go again next year. 

Its easy to say go again next year though, how many people, especially after last year being so near, are going to accept not going up this year?

17 minutes ago, A12owl said:

By theowlsman, December 30, 2016
  •  3,808 replies 
  • 401,314 views

Astounding numbers. Getting on for

half a million views. 

These pages would have been empty without this thread. Glad when Tuesday 11.01pm arrives.

The figures above didn't quite come out as I copied and pasted but you know what I mean.

Still not as good as the ALF one lol

Or the transfer window megathread from summer 2015, which hit over 1000 pages 

54 minutes ago, mozzy85 said:

someone on here said that if this thread gets to 200 pages they would stick a rusty needle with jalepeno sauce sideways down their wee wee hole. Only 11 pages to go peeps lets make it happen. 

53 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Hahaha I want to see that! In fact I'd pay to see that.... 

I'd pay not to see it.