Jordan Rhodes and Sheffield Wednesday - Latest

VILLA COULD BE BUSY

Aston Villa are targetting a new striker and wide midfielder before the window closes, according to the Daily Mirror.

Villa are reportedly attempting to sign Jordan Rhodes from Boro, though the Premier League club want £9m for the Scot.

Villa are also thought to be keen to offload Ross McCormack, Jordan Ayew and Aaron Tshibola (loan). 

56 minutes ago, danny0wl said:

I can only apologise for my poor judgement and hope that nobody was too offended by my crassness.

And your mum!!

And I believe you meant 'to' and not 'too'.

My comment was in response to another poster. Not my mum you disrespected, apologies sent to wrong person.  Nice touch all the same.

Accept your grammar correction though, thank you.

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Realistically it was never going to happen was it? Perhaps somebody was getting some dosh for every post on OT. If he goes to Villa then it should make sure there isn't another JR thread in August.

Amen to that.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

If this goes south and we don't get some more players in to get us across the line I'll be livid. Still fairly hopeful though it's going our way.

has your hopefullness decreased any ?

5 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Sounds like we've got to move a few players out first

The problem is , the players we want to get shut of are the ones we have been trying to get shut of since the summer . The fact they are still here suggests getting rid before the deadline will prove an impossible task. 

I hope we arnt relying shipping out the likes of Dielna , McGugan , Sougou , Dave and Joao to land Rhodes.