Top 30 biggest football clubs in Britain – from 30 to number one, ranked

My top 30 biggest football clubs in Britain, in order of importance to me...

1. Wednesday
  2. Wednesday
  3. Wednesday
  4. Wednesday
  5. Wednesday
  6. Wednesday
  7. Wednesday
  8. Wednesday
  9. Wednesday
  10. Wednesday
  11. Wednesday
  12. Wednesday
  13. Wednesday
  14. Wednesday
  15. Wednesday
  16. Wednesday
  17. Wednesday
  18. Wednesday
  19. Wednesday
  20. Wednesday
  21. Wednesday
  22. Wednesday
  23. Wednesday
  24. Wednesday
  25. Wednesday
  26. Wednesday
  27. Wednesday
  28. Wednesday
  29. Wednesday
  30. Wednesday

:manager:

Frankly, considering what's happened to the club in the last few years, then we're probably doing well to be there. It makes us 5th in the Championship. Potential size, of course, is another matter altogether. In my view there are 3 big clubs in this country, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal, and then you've got Chelsea and City who've bought their way in. Spurs and Everton never get relegated, so they're big too. Clubs like Forest and Leeds had a lot of success under one man, in a different era. But they couldn't sustain it.

8 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

Stoke and Leicester too above us?

lol f*** right off.

talk boll***s more like

Leicester are current champions so i think that makes them bigger than a club in the Championship whose best league position since 2000 is 6th.

Agree about the others though and up until last season Leicester too.

14 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Leicester are current champions so i think that makes them bigger than a club in the Championship whose best league position since 2000 is 6th.

Agree about the others though and up until last season Leicester too.

So what your saying if forget 149 years history over one season?

So if Exeter city went on a mad run up the leagues and won the prem, they would be bigger than us?

The list is designed to provoke outrage among fans of the bigger clubs down the list and either call one of their crappy phone in's or comment on the site. If anyone doesn't get talk-sports own special modus operandi by now then it's time to give up!

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

So what your saying if forget 149 years history over one season?

So if Exeter city went on a mad run up the leagues and won the prem, they would be bigger than us?

Historically no but currently yes, Leicester are bigger at the moment. They are in the knockout stages of the champions league ffs. Haven't they won the League cup since we won it too?

2 hours ago, apswfcowl said:

Historically no but currently yes, Leicester are bigger at the moment. They are in the knockout stages of the champions league ffs. Haven't they won the League cup since we won it too?

No your right they are truly massive. I'm more history instead of recent bandwagons. But I suppose that's the way of the world these days. Easily led

They can make as many lists as tecks their fancy. They can use whatever criteria they want. None of it will ever change the fact that I support the BIGGEST, the BEST, the MOST BEAUTIFUL CLUB in the history of football.

THERE IS ONLY THE WEDNESDAY NO MATTER WHATEVER ANY OTHER FECKER THINKS.

end of thread.

Premier League money really bumps up some bang average teams in these lists. Palace and Stoke are in a good moment in their history but could easily end up down in the football league depths with Pompey, who - credit to them - deserve their place on the list given their history and the poo their fans are currently enduring after some great times in recent history. 

Interestingly there weren't many clubs in that list with more top flight league wins than Wednesday. I accept that our wins were a long time ago, but at the end of the day the bragging rights between Liverpool and Man Utd always seems to focus on the number of league titles.

Rating clubs by size is a very subjective issue, but personally I think our club should be aiming for the top 10 based on the fan base alone. DC obviously sees the potential, which at the moment is all that really matters.