Caolan Lavery and Billy Sharp

Just now, pazowl55 said:

What about Clarke 

:tango:

I personally would say Clarke is the better of the 3, tbf. 

Billy is an almost-has been.   Lavery is a nearly got to be a nearly has been, Clark is the one out of the 3 that still could do something in the Championship, yet they let him fallow.

Joking aside I think they will go up this season. They are a better side than the majority in what has to be said is a very poor league. it's only taken them 6 season. Yes 6 seasons!!!

They'll have to spend a fortune though just to stand still in the championship. it's a far superior league than the last time they were in it, and that side won't achieve owt in the championship.

50 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Just imagine being dumped by your boyhood club twice.

Then they re-sign you because they believe you can get them out of the league which they think is your level.

League one/3rd division/3rd tier/division above bottom league.

You can't say that, we're signing Vardy in January!!!

Sharp is out his depth at Championship level, hopefully they go up after rotting away in the lower tiers of football as it would be quite satisfying to give Billy a good reality check.

39 minutes ago, marshy said:

Joking aside I think they will go up this season. They are a better side than the majority in what has to be said is a very poor league. it's only taken them 6 season. Yes 6 seasons!!!

They'll have to spend a fortune though just to stand still in the championship. it's a far superior league than the last time they were in it, and that side won't achieve owt in the championship.

Yes they will go up this season.

They are a worse side then when we last got promoted though, and that's sadly the truth.

They and Scunthorpe will be relegation fodder without some serious investment on the pitch, and in truth some serious investment in the manager too.   

I certainly wouldn't want to play them at the minute.

No matter what their standard, they have always had much more psychological resiliance than us, they know how to grind results out and when to hammer teams.

We are clearly superior to them technically and logistically, but they are going up and performing with aplomb.

As opposed to us, the battered wives of football anxiously treading water on the verge of the play-offs.

12 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

I certainly wouldn't want to play them at the minute.

No matter what their standard, they have always had much more psychological resiliance than us, they know how to grind results out and when to hammer teams.

We are clearly superior to them technically and logistically, but they are going up and performing with aplomb.

As opposed to us, the battered wives of football anxiously treading water on the verge of the play-offs.

Yeah, they showed much more psychological resilience when they were five points ahead with two games in hand...and for each of the four subsequent seasons they've also managed to bottle it in the pub league since!

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

10 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Two poor players. Not good enough for our league. They will find this out next season. Bless them, classless scrubbers

I seem to remember there was a 100 page thread on here about Billy Sharp when some thought he might join us. We didn't think he was that bad at the time. Lavery was also well thought of when he stuck a couple past Leeds after coming on as a sub. That was the great Leeds players tackling each other game as I remember.

If they do get promoted and we don't at least we will have the pleasure of stuffing them twice next year.

There's also the distinct possibility they might bottle it again which would be great fun.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Saw this earlier.

It's all a bit sad really that the club captain, and supposedly a responsible person, feels he has to do something like this to curry favour with his own fans.

Perhaps the pressure of fans getting on his back because of his missed penalties is getting to him.

Yes the ones I work with slag him off no end and don't rate him.