Caolan Lavery and Billy Sharp

18 hours ago, Arthur Bach said:

I certainly wouldn't want to play them at the minute.

No matter what their standard, they have always had much more psychological resiliance than us, they know how to grind results out and when to hammer teams.

We are clearly superior to them technically and logistically, but they are going up and performing with aplomb.

As opposed to us, the battered wives of football anxiously treading water on the verge of the play-offs.

You are as much on the wind up as Billy Blunt is aren't you.

6 seasons on they have finally made it back into the top 2 in the pub league, as delighted about this as they appear to be they should be embarrassed about how long it is taking them to get out of that league when the might of Scunthorpe are the biggest threat.

The usual tactic to try and keep himself a cult hero amongst the pigs fans. Any blunt player who tries to make a comment in regards to us goes down instantly as a "legend" in their eyes. The "once a blade, always a blade" is the best, can remember them virtually noshing Brayford off when he once tweeted that, that soon changed now hes playing for Burton Albion in a league above them.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

I hadn't realised Brayford was at Burton. I always assumed his next stop would be Real Madrid

Dont be silly, hes not just any right back. He's a bearded 2 Million right back. Madrid could only dream of having such talent.

18 hours ago, Arthur Bach said:

I certainly wouldn't want to play them at the minute.

No matter what their standard, they have always had much more psychological resiliance than us, they know how to grind results out and when to hammer teams.

We are clearly superior to them technically and logistically, but they are going up and performing with aplomb.

As opposed to us, the battered wives of football anxiously treading water on the verge of the play-offs.

Is that a joke? They're notoriously the biggest bottle jobs in English football. 

1 hour ago, evaD said:

It still amazes me that the Blunts refer to us as pigs, for seemingly no real reason other than that we call them pigs. Totally baffling. They play in a red and white shirt FFS

They reckon when we changed our badge in the 70s it was easy to change the Owls beak and put a curly tail on it.

I remember a few kids at school doing it and it seemed harmless st the time.

2 minutes ago, Jeff King's dog said:

They reckon when we changed our badge in the 70s it was easy to change the Owls beak and put a curly tail on it.

I remember a few kids at school doing it and it seemed harmless st the time.

They have at least four (made up) reasons, why they call us the pigs:

Hoggs Travel coach firm

Badge

Butchers Apron

Pig farm (made up maps)

The truth is they copied our (pretty lame) nickname, for them.

Forever in our shadow, even when it comes to childish nicknames. Strange bunch.

However it started, one set of fans can claim some legitimate reasoning, i.e. the rivals wear streaky bacon shirts, we were originally butchers and therefore slaughter pigs etc.

The other set resort to what's technically known as "making s**t up". They still falsely claim that our ground was built on the site of a non-existent pig farm and even now still pass off that ridiculously inaccurate fake "library article" from about 25 years ago and photoshopped ordnance survey maps as facts and actually believe it.

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

However it started, one set of fans can claim some legitimate reasoning, i.e. the rivals wear streaky bacon shirts, we were originally butchers and therefore slaughter pigs etc.

The other set resort to what's technically known as "making s**t up". They still falsely claim that our ground was built on the site of a non-existent pig farm and even now still pass off that ridiculously inaccurate fake "library article" from about 25 years ago and photoshopped ordnance survey maps as facts and actually believe it.

Or the truth is they copied us again, were embarrassed at yet another copy, and at some point in the 1990's frantically invented about 30 reason why they call us the pigs.

The irony, is that the earliest actual documentation of the pig connection, is in their 1967 SUFC v SWFC league fixture programme  'Wednesday fan don't eat bacon on match days.....