Carlos Out?

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

My point only applied to Brighton, they've always been pretty potent going forward, but now they do it from a solid base

I suppose my point is we are the opposite and we are pretty good defensively, well organised etc but we aren't potent enough going forward. 

A lot of Fulham fans have said we were the most organised and well drilled team they've faced, but we need more up top otherwise we will get punished for it

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

His ability to grow businesses in such a way is irrelevant. Football is bonkers and many clever and successful people, and probably wealthier than DC have failed at it, miserably. 

Well, hard to disagree with that for the most part Vulva.

But still, however bonkers football has become doesn't mean basic principles should be abandoned. I believe DC is no Vincent Tan, or indeed the Venky's. Equally he's not yet at the level of the Glazers or indeed the Fenway group. once he's grasped sports economics fully we will be fine. for the most part he's laying really strong foundations and seems to be gradually getting the right people in at Exec/Board level.

Our club has not yet had that type of investment since we first saw the arrival of silly money in the shape of the EPL and now the CL. 

2 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Really think this could be a bedding in season. Next season is our anniversary. That would be a brilliant time to have a storming season and get promoted.

True that would be good.

my hope is Carlos is setting the team up to be defensive and organised now and in January or next summer will sign the attacking players needed to be a great team.  If he doesn't improve our attacking play then I will start to doubt him 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

He deserves time to get it right. 

On any other day a point at Craven Cottage would have been a very good result. It's just a shame that their equaliser came in the very last minute. 

We've got to start clicking at some point, though. 

Gray probably deserved time to get things right too with the sort of budget that CC enjoys but you don't always get what you deserve.

The reason why we won't go up under Carlito is revealed by his summer recruitment. His philosophy is that playing good football alone will gain results. So, if you come up against a side like Leeds you move the ball quickly, rather than try to match them physically. That's at the heart of the problem. Players at this level can't do it week in, week out. If they could, they wouldn't be at this level. When players are having an off-day, there has to be an alternative. We needed more brawn, and a British manager would have realized that. He'd have bought a commanding centre half and a midfield enforcer.

10 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

I'm sorry mate but we simply don't know that he's better than anyone else we would get. 

I want Carlos to stay and sort out our problems (make us click or whatever).

But you know if someone gets Big Sam they will have a good chance of promotion. but then you have a debate between our current style of football or big sam's winning matches football. 

37 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The reason why we won't go up under Carlito is revealed by his summer recruitment. His philosophy is that playing good football alone will gain results. So, if you come up against a side like Leeds you move the ball quickly, rather than try to match them physically. That's at the heart of the problem. Players at this level can't do it week in, week out. If they could, they wouldn't be at this level. When players are having an off-day, there has to be an alternative. We needed more brawn, and a British manager would have realized that. He'd have bought a commanding centre half and a midfield enforcer.

Theres truth in this, though I wouldn't use it as a stick to beat Carlos with. As I've mentioned before, Barcelona have tried it with all their creative talent, but needed to draft in six footers Busquets and Rakatic to give them the platform from which to launch their attacks. On our day, we can play some delightful football, but because the balance isn't quite right, we won't consistently get the results a team with our creative players should. You have to earn the right to play your football. Yesterday, I thought we had that platform though.

26 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

I'm sorry mate but we simply don't know that he's better than anyone else we would get. 

What I mean is, most managerial changes are just rolls of the dice. I don't think we are at a point where we are staring into a barrel where we need to just change something to be seen to be doing so. Like we did down the bottom. 

I think if DC was ever minded to make a change it would need to be someone that has a track record of getting out of this league and have a personality to suit (ie not someone like Pearson). I don't think there are many realistic candidates that would tempt that kind of decision so I say stick and give him the time he earnt last season. 

CC is right up there with the best managers we have had since I became an Owl in the early '60s. For the most part we play bright entertaining football and for the most part CC actually comes out and explains why he does things. My only criticism is the same one that a lot of posters on here have ; he persists in playing players out of position rather than rotate them in their best positions.

I like the man's methods and I like his personality. I think he will get more right than he will get wrong and I think that at the end of this season we will be in either a playoff position or higher.

For many years now I have been critical of the instant success culture that has permeated and spoiled football to the extent that there is no longer stability or loyalty at many clubs. This constant manager merry go round does no one any favours and in my opinion stops many managers from playing how they would like to play because they are fearful of the sack.

So let us buck the trend and hang on to our good manager and let him sort things out. After all WAWAW      COME ON THE WEDNESDAY.

17 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

His fear of playing proper wingers may ultimately cost him though 

My view too. The current approach is a compromise between attacking creativity and being solid. The result is too few going in at one end, yet still too many at the other end.

Everyone likes him and wants him to do it but who actually thinks he will get us promoted regardless of the money ploughed in? Be suprised if it was 40% in a poll 

The lack of pace, width, crosses, wingers, wing play etc is clearly a factor in scoring 1 a game which is mid table stuff.

We have good technical players but need to balance that with pace n movement.

We are strong in the middle of the field but there are 2 flanks where we are very average which is most of the pitch.

Then theres questionable recruitment selections, man management and subs, why only use 2 subs yesterday when buckleys on the bench and we were flagging? Wallace was probably tired, lost his man and it was 1-1.

Hope he can deliver what the budget and chairman demands, but doubt he will make the changes many think are needed imo.

16 hours ago, Michael Birds said:

Simple yes or no. Would you change the manager?

No way, No No and thrice No.

Maybe he needs a proven manager next to him, as a coach he is getting us playing some of the best football in many a year

Edited by Zlin Owl

We should get on with concentrating with this season, changing managers invariably does not improve matters and could make things worse.

People have got carried away and think that as we have money success will inevitably follow, lets not follow the route of  Forest.

The season is far from over, we are moving forward , anyone who does not think that has a very poor memory.

The supporters need to do there job and back the team.

Only hope DC looks at the bigger picture, we want a successful club 10 years from now, not one saddled with debt struggling to surive.

We have been there before, so be careful what you wish for .