Carlos Out?

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

Our problem is the £10m. 10 years ago, that would have walked this League. Our £10m has not even kept us where we are. 

Everyone has got better. Not sure DC factored that in. 

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

Our problem is the £10m. 10 years ago, that would have walked this League. Our £10m has not even kept us where we are. 

Everyone has got better. Not sure DC factored that in. 

That's because the £10m has been spent badly not because it wasn't enough cash.

We clearly have a bigger budget than Brighton, Leeds, Birmingham, Reading etc but they are all out performing us.

Not hard when we totally waste our budget (which makes defending the negligible income created by ticket prices laughable)

Obviously, I am totally guessing here but we are obviously wasting some right coin.

Kean £4K

Dielna £6K

Emanuelson £20K

Sougou £10K

Matias £12K

McGugan £15K

Based on those figures that's £3.4m per year. Even if you think I have over egged it, it's clearly at least £2.4m.

Thats before you even talk about players like Sasso, Buckley, Abdi, Semedo, Joao, Nuhiu. I know you need a squad but jeez, expensive back up players.

Fletcher and Jones on contracts that Norwich and Burnley wouldn't match.

£5m for a winger that can't go past a man or a full back that can't stop a man going past him.

Tge problem isn't the budget, it's how it was spent.

plus we clearly spent more than £10m on Pudil, Jones, Abdi and Reach. That's before we even look at the no doubt ridiculous wages and signing on fee that Fletcher had. As for Emanuelson and Sasso - what a waste.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

34 minutes ago, vulva said:

I also keep reading about the failure in the summer, and previously, of our transfer policy. Some balance is needed, and to recruit the likes of Lee, Hutchinson, Lees, Westwood, Bannan and Wallace for next to nothing, deserves loads of credit. 

Four of those six were signed pre Chansiri so I don't get their relevance.

Every single Championship squad has got some good bargains in it. Look at Brighton!

Depends who else is available surely, I wouldn't profess to know but I do think Mr C should be making "behind the scene" enquiries, it's not only Carlos that should have a "plan B"..

Or, is this Carlos's plan, after all it was reported a Premier team were after him, I guess managers or Coaches can try to make moves happen as well as players ?

Let's trust Mr C to make the right call, after all it's his money being spent...

It's a no from me.  If we were playing terrible football, were at the foot of the table and had a team which were questioning the leadership of the club, then fair enough.  As it is, we're still in a much better position than i would have dared hoped for a couple of year's ago, and we're (usually) playing good, entertaining football.  Yes, we need to sort ourselves out in front of goal. And I agree that we need to reduce the size of the squad.  But bringing in a new manager is just going to stir everything up again and lead to another season of building things up.  CC still has lots to offer and lots to build upon, but he needs, and deserves, more time and loyalty.

32 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

The stated aim for the season is promotion (unless we are moving the goal posts to suit).

Perhaps a better question would be......Do you think he will take us up?

The answer to this could impact the answer to the OP. 

It was the stated aim, but in reality, it was only likely to be achieved via the play offs, and we're not far off those places

Really tough question. 

7 matches to save his job. Once the transfer window opens DC will want to have decided stick or twist.

3 homes against PNE, Barnsley and Rotherham really need to be 7 or 9 points.

4 aways v Wolves, Reading, Newcastle and PNE needs what, 6 minimum? 

So, around 13 points out of the next 7 and I think its job saved, but dip much below that and I think DC will axe. 

My my personal view is that I do not think Carlos has what it takes. I think he lacks the strength of his own conviction. He claims he is an attacking manager, but his selections and style of play compromise that view. In reality he is too cautious and defensive. He reacts too much to oppos rather than having the confidence to impose our strengths on them.