Carlos Out?

On 20/11/2016 at 08:59, Brando17 said:

spot on

IMO Stuart Gray is a very good coach. He was working on a shoe-string when he was with us. With better players, I suspect his style of play would've been much more pleasing on the eye. Given the same financial backing, do you think we would be doing better or worse than at present?

Anyone that doesn't believe we have come on light years under Carlos & Chasiri's stewardship is basically on crack.

We may have overachieved last season but this season is the toughest this league has ever been, IMO.  As not only did we get some big hitters come down, a lot of the Championship stalwarts are starting to get their act together; Brighton, L**ds, Derby.

Ultimately, we are not a million miles from greatness and yes, i'll admit recruitment wasn't perfect over the summer but as someone already stated, we are not on a level playing field with finance.  Counterpointing that though; we do have the best squad in the last 15 years and are playing some nice football.   Give Carlos this season as there is a long way to go and one more big opportunity for Mr C to pull something out of the hat. 

3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

McCormack has 2 goals this season btw. In hindsight that could have neen a very expensive problem.

Yeah hindsight is fantastic :biggrin:

The point stands though I think that our owner was not prepared to splash the cash that we needed to get into the top 2.

A  no from me. I love the way Carlos has us playing, and if it weren't for Hooper fluffing his lines on Saturday, or Hutchinson flying round like a madman again (and therefore having to be hooked), we would be celebrating a return to winning ways.

Take Fulham away as a measure of progress in style - in 2014 our negative football got outclassed and we were tonked 4-0, last year we just about matched Fulham (and won it with a wonder strike from Wallace), this year we dominated them for 80 minutes and could have won by 2 or 3. As far as I am concerned that is progress (I am talking performance-wise, not results-wise).

If I wanted a team that just played boring football aiming not to lose, and had no other ambition, I would watch Sunderland or West Brom.

I just wish Chansiri had never said the promotion in 2017 thing because that is all I hear about these days.

Guest Princeabdullah

Getting rid of Carlos would be wrong, he's building a team, yes sheffield Wednesday are not where they want to be at present, but I can see a second half push, keep the faith. Wednesday were by far the better team Saturday, against a resurgent Fulham team with good players and good manager. Says a lot when they were happy with a point at home. 

Up the owls and hornets 

but next season we'll have newcastle out of our league, probs brighton, maybe villa/norwich too? then we will probs have hull, swansea, sunderland instead to battle with. that frees up some spots, for me there's 1 spot available as can't see anyone catching brighton or newcastle.

Newcastle got relegated last year, they were one of the worst teams in the Premiership. The reason they are so good this year is they sold a good player for top money and used their parachute payments to buy up a lot of talented Championship players. What is to stop the clubs relegated this season doing exactly the same next year. Newcastle are a big club but they don't have a right to promotion, they just have money.

There's never an easy year to get promoted, it always takes  money, hard work and luck.

I hope we go up this year, if not we try again next year but what ever happens we won't do it until we sort ourselves out. We aren't far away, we can play great football but we can also fail to turn up.