Carlos Out?

No, not yet.

I think it is more important to decide who is doing what at the club. I get the feeling that Carlos isn't the one in charge of player recruitment, there are too many signings who don't fit into the way Carlos wants to play.

Basically if players are signed and he's told he has to work with them, we need to sort it out and have Carlos choosing the players he wants and needs. If Carlos already has a big input into signing players I'm not so sure he is going to survive, there are too many expensive signings who haven't worked out.

We've spent a lot of money and still haven't improved on last year.

It's all quite odd.

14 minutes ago, prowl said:

No, not yet.

I think it is more important to decide who is doing what at the club. I get the feeling that Carlos isn't the one in charge of player recruitment, there are too many signings who don't fit into the way Carlos wants to play.

Basically if players are signed and he's told he has to work with them, we need to sort it out and have Carlos choosing the players he wants and needs. If Carlos already has a big input into signing players I'm not so sure he is going to survive, there are too many expensive signings who haven't worked out.

We've spent a lot of money and still haven't improved on last year.

It's all quite odd.

Think it was Ian Holloway taking about the difference between what a manager and a head coach does at a football club. Basically what was said was a manger decides who the club should buy and asks the CEO to sort out the price and buying he manages the day to day running of the players. A  head coach just coaches the players he can have some say in who the club buys and can put forward a list of players he would like to have but ultimately it is out of his hands. Not sure how true this is.

Just now, darra said:

Think it was Ian Holloway taking about the difference between what a manager and a head coach does at a football club. Basically what was said was a manger decides who the club should buy and asks the CEO to sort out the price and buying he manages the day to day running of the players. A  head coach just coaches the players he can have some say in who the club buys and can put forward a list of players he would like to have but ultimately it is out of his hands. Not sure how true this is.

I think you are probably right. 

Which is Carlos? I know he started out as a head coach....

3 minutes ago, darra said:

This would make sense because I'm sure I read a quote from Carlos earlier in the season saying that he had put his suggestions forward for new players but it was now out of his hands. That said, I also read that he had been watching Adam Reach with interest since he came to the club so he must have been very keen to get him.

50 minutes ago, darra said:

Well, come on, tell us what you think.

Carlos out?

Is that a YES or a NO ?:wacko: 

Yes 

He has taken us as far as he can.

He has moved us from relegation fodder to mid table - play offs at best, we need someone to take us to the next level.

His tactics, spending, treatment & usage of players brought in have shown he is not capable of taking us to the next level.

We are no better than we were last season despite having £10,000,000 injected into our squad. 

I am grateful for what he achieved last season but do not think he has the mind set, history, capability or tactics to take us up or keep us up if he got lucky, he is a great servant and credit to the club, but I feel another manager may squeeze the quality out of the players we have by playing them in the right positions and dropping them when they underachieve, something Carlos won't do.

Every win we have had this season has been tight, we haven't put anyone to bed and seen the game out, last minute winners for us show this and also against us will cost us valuable points at the end of the season. 

CC needs to shift the dead wood, sort defence, settle on a midfield & formation that services the strike force, something which he isn't giving me the evidence he is capable of doing. 

Long term success is built on continuity and a long term plan. 

The squad has improved dramatically over the past 2 years, the youth set up is probably the best it's ever been, and the football side of things is definitely improving. 

Getting rid would be starting all over again, why the need for instant gratification and thinking because we've signed a couple of £3million players, we should be winning every game. 

Villa have spent £20m+ on 2 strikers alone, others clubs have spent money, it's a tough league. 

I think setting the promotion target was a stupid thing to do, cos some people are using this a the benchmark for success and anything else is failure. 

I can wait another 2-3 years if that's what it takes, as long as we keep progressing as a club. We were so far behind other clubs, we've had to come from being run like a non league club to being able to complete on a relatively short space of time. 

Having some stabilty is nice, after the past 20 years. 

Head says yes, heart says no.  

We over acheived last season, and that has raised the bar. Been a great aquisition, but I've a nagging doubt that we've got the defensive solidity required to get up. We also don't score enough goals. Everyone will have a bad patch, and hopefully we are through ours. We need to thrash someone to get the season going. 

I also keep reading about the failure in the summer, and previously, of our transfer policy. Some balance is needed, and to recruit the likes of Lee, Hutchinson, Lees, Westwood, Bannan and Wallace for next to nothing, deserves loads of credit. 

5 hours ago, Mac_77 said:

Yes 

He has taken us as far as he can.

He has moved us from relegation fodder to mid table - play offs at best, we need someone to take us to the next level.

His tactics, spending, treatment & usage of players brought in have shown he is not capable of taking us to the next level.

We are no better than we were last season despite having £10,000,000 injected into our squad. 

I am grateful for what he achieved last season but do not think he has the mind set, history, capability or tactics to take us up or keep us up if he got lucky, he is a great servant and credit to the club, but I feel another manager may squeeze the quality out of the players we have by playing them in the right positions and dropping them when they underachieve, something Carlos won't do.

Every win we have had this season has been tight, we haven't put anyone to bed and seen the game out, last minute winners for us show this and also against us will cost us valuable points at the end of the season. 

CC needs to shift the dead wood, sort defence, settle on a midfield & formation that services the strike force, something which he isn't giving me the evidence he is capable of doing. 

£10million is peanuts for the Championship these days

Edited by Rogers

We seriously need to offload a lot of dead wood as it's difficult to see what our best squad is when there's so many players in and around the first team.  Brighton have kept a solid core of players and not spent a great deal, and are in a great position.

so many need to be transfer listed in Jan and Abdi shouldn't be one of them. 

Any player on loan who hasn't had a look in needs to go and the younger lad brought through.