Carlos Out?

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Really tough question. 

7 matches to save his job. Once the transfer window opens DC will want to have decided stick or twist.

3 homes against PNE, Barnsley and Rotherham really need to be 7 or 9 points.

4 aways v Wolves, Reading, Newcastle and PNE needs what, 6 minimum? 

So, around 13 points out of the next 7 and I think its job saved, but dip much below that and I think DC will axe. 

My my personal view is that I do not think Carlos has what it takes. I think he lacks the strength of his own conviction. He claims he is an attacking manager, but his selections and style of play compromise that view. In reality he is too cautious and defensive. He reacts too much to oppos rather than having the confidence to impose our strengths on them.

from your viewpoint at craven Cottage yesterday how did you see CC not having the courage of his convictions ?

2 hours ago, vulva said:

Our problem is the £10m. 10 years ago, that would have walked this League. Our £10m has not even kept us where we are. 

Everyone has got better. Not sure DC factored that in. 

I'm pretty sure he did. I think he also knows how to grow businesses with stability and sustainability as the core tenets of his BP.

I'm also sure he read the EFL's guide on FFP.

Unless there was an outstanding candidate going begging then there is no point making a change.

Im beginning to think Carlos' mode of operating will not get us promoted, but at this stage now that someone Bruce has gone to villa he's better than anyone else we'd get. I think he deserves the chance to see out the season and hopefully prove me wrong. I'd really like to see him do that because he's a likeable manager.

Just now, Holmowl said:

Didnt go.

But my views are based on 63 matches, not one.

Thought not...CC went back to what we were doing last season...played high tempo pressing game we created chances, never let them into the game until the last ten minutes they didn't have a shot untill the 77th minute...as fpr 63 matches I think you'll find CC's stats stand up to any of our other managers...but hey don't let facts get in the way for your ignorance/ agenda

He deserves time to get it right. 

On any other day a point at Craven Cottage would have been a very good result. It's just a shame that their equaliser came in the very last minute. 

We've got to start clicking at some point, though. 

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Thought not...CC went back to what we were doing last season...played high tempo pressing game we created chances, never let them into the game until the last ten minutes they didn't have a shot untill the 77th minute...as fpr 63 matches I think you'll find CC's stats stand up to any of our other managers...but hey don't let facts get in the way for your ignorance/ agenda

Pointing the finger at the wrong fan mate. I put more store in stats than my own eyes or opinion.

We lost the play offs last season , what effect has that had on the players and the club? Taking hartlepool as the benchmark since losing to us they've been on a downward spiral and are in danger of going out of the league all together.

It's the lack of scoring goals that's the problem this season not once have we gone 2 goals up in a game all season. And as we are finding out that will punish you the majority of times.

Man Utd should have been clear of Arsenal but they didn't and eventually one chance Arsenal had in the 89th minute they took it, and that's what happens in football. 

I compare our budget and ambitions most closely to Brighton and they are doing what we're not this season. They've had 7 wins by going two goals up in games which makes a massive impact on games. 

Either Carlos needs to get his current squad to do that, or if they can't he needs to sign the players in January that can. Or he's not the man that will get us promoted. 

Personally I'm confused why our current squad can't score more goals in games than they do, but I want Carlos to fix it

32 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

It's the lack of scoring goals that's the problem this season not once have we gone 2 goals up in a game all season. And as we are finding out that will punish you the majority of times.

Man Utd should have been clear of Arsenal but they didn't and eventually one chance Arsenal had in the 89th minute they took it, and that's what happens in football. 

I compare our budget and ambitions most closely to Brighton and they are doing what we're not this season. They've had 7 wins by going two goals up in games which makes a massive impact on games. 

Either Carlos needs to get his current squad to do that, or if they can't he needs to sign the players in January that can. Or he's not the man that will get us promoted. 

Personally I'm confused why our current squad can't score more goals in games than they do, but I want Carlos to fix it

Brighton did it by tightening up their defence

1 minute ago, Southie_Owl said:

Man Utd should have been clear of Arsenal but they didn't and eventually one chance Arsenal had in the 89th minute they took it, and that's what happens in football

No it doesn't teams should dominate for 90 mins and if you go in front then you should always win...if not then you can always have a tantrum on your computer

Just now, gurujuan said:

Brighton did it by tightening up their defence

I think you've missed my point or you don't agree with it which is fair enough.

No matter how good your defence is the opposition will always get a chance to score and if they take it then you're screwed. Brighton are capable of going two goals up in a game (or scoring two goals in a game) which gives them a massive chance to win. At the moment we are only capable of scoring once in a game and that will not get us promoted 

33 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think you've missed my point or you don't agree with it which is fair enough.

No matter how good your defence is the opposition will always get a chance to score and if they take it then you're screwed. Brighton are capable of going two goals up in a game (or scoring two goals in a game) which gives them a massive chance to win. At the moment we are only capable of scoring once in a game and that will not get us promoted 

My point only applied to Brighton, they've always been pretty potent going forward, but now they do it from a solid base

Edited by gurujuan

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

No it doesn't teams should dominate for 90 mins and if you go in front then you should always win...if not then you can always have a tantrum on your computer

Besides the 1980's Arsenal team, can you name other teams in the history of football that have dominated games and won them all 1-0 ? 

54 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

I'm pretty sure he did. I think he also knows how to grow businesses with stability and sustainability as the core tenets of his BP.

I'm also sure he read the EFL's guide on FFP.

His ability to grow businesses in such a way is irrelevant. Football is bonkers and many clever and successful people, and probably wealthier than DC have failed at it, miserably. 

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

My point only applied to Brighton, they've always been pretty potent going forward, but now they do it from a solid base

TBH if Hutch hadn't have gone off yesterday I think we would have won...he was the one marshalling everything in front of the defence and they weren't in the game until the last ten minutes or so