Brighton fans

2 hours ago, darklord said:

still some of that:

The self confessed biggest club in the world....pssstt...not even the biggest club in Yorkshire...Who boast about their away support but have about 10 games within 20 mins of them....Pssst... Dont mention how many they took to Elland Road, they will deny it, or the fact that they didn't sell out down here for the league game last season....

I don't mind Brighton but when did they create a sort of pseudo-rivalry against us, they couldn't even sell out a play off semi final so I'm not sure what they're on about, and also whats this about having games near us? Surely the best thing about having no other clubs near you is that your catchment area is huge, therefore resulting in stronger support, which just doesn't match up to the support they currently have.

The main reason I'm happy with our support is that we've been poo poo for years yet we still get over 20,000. We share a city with a team that has, and it kills me to say it, an impressive following for a league one side and we still get over 20,000. We do have quite a few teams in close proximity to us and we still get over 20,000. If we were a one team city like Leeds or Newcastle, who knows what our support could be

Their away support is pretty good given the distances they travel, their local games are circa 40 mile away.

Our away support is very good but we sometimes over egg the pudding, our average is boosted by the local games we have but I am pleasantly surprised at our numbers this term, Blackburn on a Tuesday used to be sub 2K, our away support is up on this time last term despite being on Sky twice compared to once.

As for our home gates, it's very encouraging that we are on 27K average, and just under 25K per game are home fans, despite the pricing. Perhaps Mr Chansiri is very savvy.

Oh and where is that Leeds fan who said "You'd never get our gates with our pricing" Sheffield Wednesday v Nottm Forest 27,350, Leeds v Ipswich 22,554 I suspect our turnover will be much closer but we will be let down due to the farcical sponsorship pricing.

18 hours ago, BC1867 said:

What fans think makes roger all difference to the result.

Agreed. Football fans need to stop talking about football all together, especially when predicting the results. What a waste of bloody time. I say we start by shutting down this forum. 

19 hours ago, Bristol_Owl said:

Ignoring keyboard warriors the Brighton supporters I've met before and after games regardless of the result have always been very pleasant if a little bi-polar on their opinions of their teams prospects swinging from wild optimism to deep pessimism.   

A lot like us then? lol

Edited by Great Big Galaa

I went to the 2nd leg last season of the play off.  The atmosphere they created was to staged for me with all the flags and the stadium announcer geeing them up, yes it was loud but it seemed to lack passion from deep down, it was pulled out of them instead of it being released naturally.  

The atmosphere at Hillsborough evolved as the game played out, with the camera lights spontaneously appearing added to the drama of the night.

The Wednesday players reacted to the crowd at Hillsborough , I don't think the Brighton players did to the same level at the Goldstone 2 ground.

Probably looking at it with blue tinted glasses but heigh ho it was a gay old night at Brighton, Wednesday fans probably drowned out by the Brighton fans but never stopped singing.  It was marvellous.

Just hope we can play somewhere near as we can, Brighton will up for this, they are no pushovers even with their injury problems.

Looking forward to it.