Brighton fans

They're really going to want to come, get on top of us and pound us relentlessly after what we did to them last time. I'm pretty worried that if they start to gel and really play with each other properly they'll keep slipping it through our back line time and time again until we're broken. Please let's not take a hammering tomorrow.

22 hours ago, Gnarwolf said:

I don't mind Brighton but when did they create a sort of pseudo-rivalry against us, they couldn't even sell out a play off semi final so I'm not sure what they're on about,

They don't have any local rivals so they need to manufacture something. Nearest they have is Palace, Portsmouth.

I lived in Brighton for 28 years and their fans are OK. I don't think they are anything like our fans for commitment but most are good lads.

They are a bit bi polar as someone said earlier but you only need to read Owlstalk to realise our fans are just the same. Most fans are if we are honest.

53 minutes ago, prowl said:

They don't have any local rivals so they need to manufacture something. Nearest they have is Palace, Portsmouth.

I lived in Brighton for 28 years and their fans are OK. I don't think they are anything like our fans for commitment but most are good lads.

They are a bit bi polar as someone said earlier but you only need to read Owlstalk to realise our fans are just the same. Most fans are if we are honest.

We don't have a rivalry with Sheffield Wednesday, we naturally wanted to beat you in the playoff games but that's about it. This is an important game though as we both want a top 6 (or 2) finish again this season and points off of good teams are priceless. As for fan commitment, I can only speak for myself but I do travel from mid-Wales to the games which seems pretty committed to me.

Good luck.

5 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

Will be a massive win if we can get it. 

Break the barrier we had at the end of last season where we hadn't beaten a single side on the top 6, I expect Brighton to be there again this season.

That was such a sh it stat to batter us with if memory serves only Boro beat us and we beat a top 6 side when it mattered only to lose when it mattered the most

Work with a Brighton fan - he's not overly confident as he says Stephens being out will be a big miss and says sidwell is past it. 

Says he still feels confident of a draw. To be fair he's a knowledgeable enough lad about football and says they know it's going to be a difficult game for them. 

I think it will be a draw but if anyone is going to win it will be us.

Edited by ka58

5 hours ago, goodytheowl said:

They're really going to want to come, get on top of us and pound us relentlessly after what we did to them last time. I'm pretty worried that if they start to gel and really play with each other properly they'll keep slipping it through our back line time and time again until we're broken. Please let's not take a hammering tomorrow.

lol