Brighton fans

Guest Copthorneowl

Golfing mate of mine is senior director and he invites me to directors box when we play them. Met MM and DC in their previously. Remember Mandric telling me "Antonio wanted away so they got rid but wait till you see Stevie May he's much better" so much for Milan'sknowledge. 

Brighton facilities are top notch practice and training complex up with almost any in  prem. When my man came to Hillsboro for play off semi he though we were a great club and couldn't stop talking about the atmosphere we created "amazed" told him that was normal every home game!!!!

12 minutes ago, twodogs446 said:

Sums up this league at the start of the season perfectly. We could win 4-0 or lose 4-0 and no-one would be surprised !

I would genuinely be very surprised if anyone beat us 4-0 in any competition this season

5 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Would happily take another one where we grind it out - like when we played them at home under Gray and Leon Best nicked it for us in the last minute after a dire game.

Same mate. I'll take 3 points in a scrappy game against good teams any day of the week. If the team feels like banging in 3/4 playing great football then I reckon I can accept that too!

14 hours ago, Eastern said:

Makes a change.

usually they show unreal arrogance on their site.

Biggest club in the division and all that testicles.

RE: the game, got 0-0 written all over if I reckon. Brighton will come for the point and frustrate our attack.

still some of that:

The self confessed biggest club in the world....pssstt...not even the biggest club in Yorkshire...Who boast about their away support but have about 10 games within 20 mins of them....Pssst... Dont mention how many they took to Elland Road, they will deny it, or the fact that they didn't sell out down here for the league game last season....

This is a real test of where we are now. Brighton look solid and fairly consistent now, promotion credentials.

We need to be getting something against them to prove we can be up there too. I know we beat Villa and drew at Norwich but now that things have settled I think this is the first proper marker. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Extremely tough game. Surprised at the pessimism at their end, even with a couple of injuries. I'd be delighted with 2-1 home win and that's my prediction if I was putting money on, but would only feel aggrieved at a draw if we really battered them for 95min and still wound up 0-0.

ps... Am I the only one who doesn't really mind Brighton fans? Can't abide some of their players but plenty of the fans seem decent sorts to me. They've got some barmy talkers but by christ so have we lol

Ignoring keyboard warriors the Brighton supporters I've met before and after games regardless of the result have always been very pleasant if a little bi-polar on their opinions of their teams prospects swinging from wild optimism to deep pessimism.   

1 hour ago, darklord said:

still some of that:

The self confessed biggest club in the world....pssstt...not even the biggest club in Yorkshire...Who boast about their away support but have about 10 games within 20 mins of them....Pssst... Dont mention how many they took to Elland Road, they will deny it, or the fact that they didn't sell out down here for the league game last season....

Its always interesting when other people comment on our level of support, of all the teams in England, i wouldn't choose our support to mock. I think our level of support is doing ok with what the club's been through in the last 16 years