One concern about moving to a new ground...

Live by the olympic stadium, walked past when the played bournemouth and yesterday. Terrible design for atmosphere that stadium. You walk under it and theres no in-between the stands and outside. The concourse is out in the open. Pretty much a cheaper version of the Emirates. Would take an away day atmosphere at Wycombe over that sort of place

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 09.59.24.png

We'd need to make sure it wasn't too big that we had to do THIS......

lol

I think it's pretty obvious to most people that it's because the stands are set back so far from the pitch, but well done for restarting the new ground debate again Neil, you're getting quite good at this ! 

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

This ground is great, especially after we re-develop West Stand and Lep after promotion.

But anyone for reverting back to original name as Hillsborough's now so infamous?

Or do we wait for John West Stadium? 

I'm quite sure that various assessment types would be carried out, Chansiri and Co aren't daft.

Then regarding attendance averages over the past 1-3 years at least, let's say that our average attendance over the course of the last 3 seasons is 26k, it could be assumed that building a new stadium with a 30k initial capacity but designed to be easily upgradeable as and when required to future proof it would be suitable... I don't see the problem.

It's not just about the 'We have a capacity of' attitude, that many of us need to move away from mantra wise.

It's about access to and from a new stadium travel wise and for various modes of transport, so location is absolutely key. Access once within the ground, ease of use of things like the catering and purchasing, size of concourses... basically, everything that unfortunately elements of Hillsborough isn't for the 21st Century.

Essentially a modern sports stadia experience and I'm quite sure with the many various new stadia styles around the globe, we could be forgiven for seeking a non soul-less bowl style, as we know what they tend to bring.

Hillsboro looks superb when you're in it., apart from the corners which all need filling in.

But it looks a dump on the outside, apart from the South stand.

Dunno what the answer is but I would have thought two new stands would be cheaper than a new ground.

Not even sure the West stand needs replacing as the SYP would be unlikely to let our fans use it.  It needs a new roof though.

Guest Deleted member

Its not about how it looks, its not about how many it holds, its not about the history.

Its about the fact that its not accessible, the facilities are poor and don't maximise revenue on matchdays, and the other 342 days a year either. Thats why its days are numbered, and thats why I will fully support the Chairman when he decides its time to move to a purpose built, modern facility

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Are they allowed to do this? For some reason I've got it in my head that you can't. Though thinking about it the info came from a pig on footy heaven once when he was accusing us of doing it. 

i've not read the rest of the answers down the page...

so sorry if the popes a gonna, but...

yes someone got stopped years ago from playing artificial fans cheering in the stadium...

oldham?

notts county? 

generally though if qpr, palarse. l**ds, or t'pigs haven't stooped to it, it an't bin done...

Hillsborough is a good 30% + of what Sheffield Wednesday is!!! too me anyway if not more, I'd be far more gutted if we moved grounds than got relegated, I nearly always stay a few minutes after the final whistle and just look round with a smile.

I'll say it again to those pro moving 

Imagine the place getting bulldozed 

Imagine a giant Aldi or housing estate being built on that famous, beloved site 

still want to move? do you have a soul ?

Re-develop it, it sure needs it, but demolish it ? no chance, its not just a football ground its a place of worship, a place of memories. Its our home, its our heritage.