One concern about moving to a new ground...

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If it's inevitable that we will leave Hillsborough, then that's going to be a packed, emotional game. Can I get in early on that one....

Got any stubs mate?

No, but I'm taking my screwdriver. My seat is coming with me. 

Hopefully, if/when it happens, we'll take inspiration from one of the better designed european stadiums There's some f#cking good stadia out there, and I'd love us to move to a proper, state of the art stadium

Edited by gurujuan

There is no reason to leave Hillsbro . 

The old girl just needs tarting up a little . we have a traditional old stadium ,so why the hell would anyone want to move to a soul less , identykit bowl in the middle of nowhere . ? 

2 hours ago, Grandad said:

Its not about how it looks, its not about how many it holds, its not about the history.

Its about the fact that its not accessible, the facilities are poor and don't maximise revenue on matchdays, and the other 342 days a year either. Thats why its days are numbered, and thats why I will fully support the Chairman when he decides its time to move to a purpose built, modern facility

Agree, have some wonderful memories of Hillsborough but the Wembley experience was something to aspire to, modern facilities, bars aplenty and commercial opportunities everywhere. Its key to find somewhere with fantastic public transport links nearby (ala London Stadium) and close to somewhere with strong footfall 6/7 days a week. Meadowhall (or close to) would be ideal really 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

I liked stade velodrome from what I saw earlier this summer. 

Id be happy with that. 

2 minutes ago, Rogers said:

There's a thread in the non SWFC section that's full of pics of great stadiums - Marseilles for example 

Bingo