AND THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T LEAVE EARLY

I was wet through and cold when I left on around the last minutes of the game A bloke behind me and grabbed my shoulder because we had a Chance Turned around Kieron Lee was just skipping around the player slotted the goal in the bottom left hand corner in that moment it didn't matter that I was wet and cold just reminds me for the future I will never leave a game till that Final whistle because you never know....."..

3 minutes ago, WilsonSwFc said:

You are really comparing a football match to a concert wow

Leaving a match early when it's in the balance is a bit weirder than leaving a concert early. 

Leaving before the end on Tuesday was certainly like leaving a Paper Lace gig before they'd played Billy Don't be a Hero, a Poirot gig before he reveas whodunnit.

It bugs me because they get in the way of me watching the game.  And I just find it a bit odd.

Those moments like the Lee goal are admittedly few and far between but they are priceless. Leaving early on Tuesday was the football equivalent of coitus interruptus when you're shagging Kelly Brook. 

People behind us have been ST holders for years, but leave on around the 80min mark every game. 

Madness, utter madness. Paying all that money & they've missed magic like Antonio's winner, the Rotherham turn around....Lee's winner the other night...the atmosphere after some of the important games over the years.

Even when we got promoted they dillied over staying till the final whistle, decided to stay but hopped it about 2 mins into the celebrations. 

Okay I missed it and I'm gutted! But I had to leave early - it was the delayed kick off that did me. I usually always stay till the end but I needed to be back for 10.30pm and had to drive back to Doncaster. Having said that, as I was on my way to my car the road was full of other cars pipping their horns on the way past and Wednesday fans were shouting "We've won!" I was elated of course but when I saw the celebrations on TV was gutted I wasn't there to be part of it. I blame the rain. Will never leave early again.

As noted previously, quite a lot leave their sears early, to congregate around the exits, or grab a seat around the exits. That quick getaway saves loads of time getting out of Hillsborough. 

Similar arl situation was a few years back when the Wigan game got called off. Everyone obviously left at the same time, around 60th minute, and the traffic getting away was horrific. It was like having 50,000 in the ground.