AND THAT'S WHY YOU DON'T LEAVE EARLY

2 minutes ago, SouthStandParty said:

But why don't the late comers receive the same level of wonderment? Exactly the same thing, just at the other end of the game.

Yeah, why are you always feckin late!? That's just annoying, having to stand up and sit down all the time to let them pass!!

You're not wrong. But the end is the real money shot. 

On 13/09/2016 at 23:21, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I just don't understand why you'd wanna pay up some of your money to not stay and enjoy all what you've flipping paid for?! To me that doesn't make sense, espcially if we are playing well or its a tight situation such as tonight.

Now if we were losing 2 or 3 nil I've got no qualms with that. In fact I'd probably be off too.

Just disappoints me that people don't get to experience huge moments because the don't wanna be stuck in traffic.

I buy my train tickets online a week in advance it can cost from  £12.50 to £48.00 one way I buy singles cos it's cheaper but  I have to catch a certain train, some times I have to leave early to avoid missing my train as at the other end of my journey I get the last bus home, or I have to pay for a taxi , do  this every home game and costs mount up, so to sum it up mind your own business. 

I had a 3 1/2 hour drive to the game and only just got a space in the Wednesdayite car park right at the back. Faced with the same drive home and getting out of the car park before the rush I left 5 minutes early and was gutted to miss the winner. But I got home in 2 3/4 hours so it's swings and roundabouts.

Can I add a different perspective. At about 85 minutes we always leave our seats in the North stand, but we go to the end block and watch the next 5 minutes plus additional time from there.  We are in the centre of the North and centre of our aisle. That manoeuvre saves us 20-30 minutes at least at the final whistle. My Dad can't walk far or stay on his feet for long and we also miss some of the rush and very crowded areas by doing this, so it's sort of a health choice as well. 

2 minutes ago, markjr2401 said:

Remember a fair few around me leaving at wembley with five minutes to go.

Can you imagine if we'd scored and gone on to win in extra time and they'd missed our best moment in recent history.

Bizarre isn't it - on occasions where we've thrown away games, eg at Shrewsbury,  Cambridge, Birmingham this year alone, I've at least taken some small solace in the fact that those home fans who went home when we were winning late on missed their team's comeback. 

The classic of course were the Man City fans who left early in that QPR game and missed what was probably the greatest few minutes in their club's history. 

A man and his daughter, who used to sit in front of us on the North :-

Always.........

Arrived at least 5 minutes after kick-off.

Went for a beer on 40 mins.

Returned on 50 mins

Left on 85 mins.

That's 20 minutes lost every game !!!!

Works out at the equivalent of over 5 matches per season paid for and missed. 

I know it's each to his own, but I could never understand the logic of these 2 fans.

IMO, even at ST prices, these fans are throwing away in the region of £200/250 per season between them.WTF:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

7 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

A man and his daughter, who used to sit in front of us on the North :-

Always.........

Arrived at least 5 minutes after kick-off.

Went for a beer on 40 mins.

Returned on 50 mins

Left on 85 mins.

That's 20 minutes lost every game !!!!

Works out at the equivalent of over 5 matches per season paid for and missed. 

I know it's each to his own, but I could never understand the logic of these 2 fans.

IMO, even at ST prices, these fans are throwing away in the region of £200/250 per season between them.WTF:

They could be mystery shoppers.