A lot of you will look very silly after watching this

A lot was made of our start last season, and CC has previously highlighted it as a reason for our failure to have not mounted a more serious automatic promotion challenge.

The truth though was that it barely made any real difference.

After 12 games (about 1 quarter of the season), this was the points haul of the teams that would ultimately finish in the top six:

First 12   Last 34 
Burnley           22        71
Middlesbrough     21        68
Brighton          28        61
Hull              22        61
Derby             21        57
Wednesday         17        57

The point being that our rivals still scored more points than we did over the last three quarters of the season, and the two automatically promoted clubs scored significantly more.

So even if we'd have taken the 28 points from the first 12 games that Brighton did last season we would've still fallen short of automatic promotion because of our points haul over the last 34 games.

Yes, a good start helps, but it probably wouldn't have made a single difference to last season, and nor will the bad start probably make much difference this season unless we vastly improve on the performances and results that we made in the final three quarters of last season.

Are they Wednesday biased highlights? If I go on Brentfords site do they have a video that makes it look like we were battered, or did we actually batter em? If it had been 4-1 to us the score would have flattered em. 

The booking for Jones was crazy. Can only assume he said something bad or called the ref something. If this is how refs are going to be from now on we'll be seeing plenty of cards and sending offs. Doubt there'll be any consistency though. 

4 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Last year this

Last year that

Its gone and we're equal 22nd

Look at April 2016 for instance.  Tell me how great we were then.

We absolutely nearly bottled it.

People calling for Carlos's head because they heard on the radio Joao missed a sitter.

Cop on ffs

April 2016 we played 7, won 3, drew 3 and lost 1. This includes a draw away at playoff rivals Derby then brushing aside Cardiff to secure out spot to allow us to rest players at Wolves.

How is that absolutely nearly bottling it?

Edited by Sonny

You can't beat a last minute goal*.......

unless you you should be 6-0 up at half time.

we had the same last year with that 0-0 at Bolton.

Silly points dropped that could be crucial in the final reckoning,

But that's sport and this is Wednesday.

lol

I went with a mate whose a brighton fan

Before the game I was telling him we aren't the team we were last year ,lacking in confidence and determimation. He looked at me like I was bloody crazy after 30 minutes. Some of the football in the first half was sublime

Watch the full match replay and not the highlights and particually not the channel 5 round up. 

Second half was always going to be difficult to keep up the same pace, then a moment of madenss from a keeper who has kept us in more games than I can remember and a sending off that was part stupid and part rediculously unfair ( unless he said something I don't know about). 

A great away day from my point of view and in the end a point that could have been three but could have been none also

Trumps getting thumped by Burton, that's for sure