Joao's miss

2 hours ago, Blue_Owl said:

I was stood in the away end, it's an all standing stand. Joao's miss was awful. He had the whole goal and only had to poke it in from 2 yards. He was at a stretch, moving quickly and under pressure, but all he had to do was prod it forward. He incredibly manged to prod it upwards and over. 

hes too laid back, not clinical or alert enough

When does the youth and / or inexperience excuse become too old? The lad needs to play to learn. I reckon we should send him out on loan. Pointless sending him back to Portugal, that won't prove anything. Send him to a local team so at least he won't have to move. I'm sure any of the 5 SY teams would sn@tch our hands off!

Edited by Nath83

2 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He is not a natural scorer and I don't feel him and Fletcher up front will be able to score enough goals

Hooper is a box player and natural poacher - he'd have buried that...penny for his thoughts.

Agree with the first line totally.

Just as firmly i disagree with the second line.

I thought we had found a 'natural poacher' as you say, at one point. Now i just think we have a player who turns up for pre season unfit & over weight, just like when we first signed him.

Massive disappointment. Not good enough, which is why he was the price he was. 

Edited by bigthinrob

His header against Arsenal, his finish against Brentford last season, his brace against udders, all good finishes and shows the lad can finish and has proven it, all this he can't cut it at this level is a total over reaction because of the miss today. For what it's worth I like Joao but he certainly needs to be hitting a level of consistency, that's what he's lacking and why he isn't a regular starter.

10 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Agree with the first line totally.

Just as firmly i disagree with the second line.

I thought we had found a 'natural poacher' as you say, at one point. Now i just think we have a player who turns up for pre season unfit & over weight, just like when we first signed him.

Massive disappointment. Not good enough, which is why he was the price he was. 

One he got fit and integrated into the team he scored 9 in 13 I think..Its only when CC changed the lineup around and paired him with FF that the goals dried up.

Bannan went on the left, we lost our shape somewhat and our cutting edge was reduced as a result. 

Yes he's not be great so far but nor has anyone else TBH..get the system right and he will score goals again at this level

Guest samkirkman
15 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

i don't care if it was flagged offside or not, too miss from so close is unforgivable and an absolute disgrace 

Did you ever see Brian Marwood play for us?

For me it wasn't quite the miss of the century that Rob Staton made it out to be on the Radio. He made it out that he had loads of time when in actual fact I don't think he did. Don't get me wrong he should have put it away and I can't really explain why he hasn't, I think only he can. I know its a cliché but I would rather he was getting into those positions and missing them than not being there at all. He'll be better off for today and hopefully will come back stronger.

Staton exaggerating? Never. lol

was a shocking miss. But I think if the people reporting on the game actually want to help a player they don't need to score cheap shots for themselves against them.

Joao has come on a lot since he first joined but he is prone to a terrible miss. Did the same for Portuguese first team and for us last season! He is another athlete who has a lot of potential but perhaps not the cool head of some of the others. Nonetheless, at 21/22 it needs to start happening for him if he is to fulfill his potential.

9 hours ago, Howl38 said:

Both Joao and Hooper need to leave and make way for some quality.

If DC is serious about us going up then he needs to get us some more quality because we're lacking.

Hooper out?

My word what are you thinking? Let's get rid of our goal machine.

More goals per minute than Ross McCormack last year, but I imagine you would have him in a flash?

9 hours ago, Howl38 said:

Both Joao and Hooper need to leave and make way for some quality.

If DC is serious about us going up then he needs to get us some more quality because we're lacking.

Hooper certainly doesn't need to leave. He is our only striker who can actually strike .... Joao , make no secret all this 'bags of potential' rubbish wore thin a long time ago.  One of his better games yesterday but I struggle to see where this superstar in the making is 

10 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I know we missed a few sitters yesterday, but judging by the highlights their keeper had the game of his life. Some incredible saves. 

True he was a class above the rest of his team mates

11 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Hooper out?

My word what are you thinking? Let's get rid of our goal machine.

More goals per minute than Ross McCormack last year, but I imagine you would have him in a flash?

Hooper has done nothing so far.

Last season he started off poor then hit a purple patch then nothing again, inconsistent, we need better quality.

Nugent? 

P.S Ross Mac- no ta.

Edited by Howl38