Joao's miss

1 minute ago, edwardjameswells said:

His first touch which should have been to merely guide it into the net was instead, and quite bizarrely, to control it.

It's that kind of decision making that's characterized many of João's games for us.

a bloke said to me at Hillsborough that Joao seems to think he is playing against cones, must say i can totally see this in him. seems to think he has all the time in the world and believes no one is ever going to challenge him.

5 minutes ago, zakswfc said:

a bloke said to me at Hillsborough that Joao seems to think he is playing against cones, must say i can totally see this in him. seems to think he has all the time in the world and believes no one is ever going to challenge him.

I'm a big Joao fan, and yes, would agree at times he dithers on the ball somewhat, when he needs to make a pass or shoot. Youth and inexperience perhaps? Not played enough? He might well regret the sitter he missed today but  he needs to respond by learning from it. 

I'd imagine the lads confidence will have been shot to pieces after that, the more he sees it the worse he'll feel about it. He wants to be getting Hutch a reyt drink tonight for saving him further stick!

4 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

I'm a big Joao fan, and yes, would agree at times he dithers on the ball somewhat, when he needs to make a pass or shoot. Youth and inexperience perhaps? Not played enough? He might well regret the sitter he missed today but  he needs to respond by learning from it. 

youth and inexperience though? he's 22 and featured in well over a 100 games.

just not good enough maybe?

Just now, zakswfc said:

youth and inexperience though? he's 22 and featured in well over a 100 games.

just not good enough maybe?

That question arrives for them all. Good point. Think he is though. But a shocker today, his response will tell I suppose?

This is the difference  between a 3m striker and a 12 m. If we had Rhodes or McCormack playing this game would've been over at half-time. In these next few days cc needs to aim high and bring us a couple of players of really quality , or I can see us not even finishing in the playoffs this year.

22 minutes ago, coreyswfc said:

This is the difference  between a 3m striker and a 12 m. If we had Rhodes or McCormack playing this game would've been over at half-time. In these next few days cc needs to aim high and bring us a couple of players of really quality , or I can see us not even finishing in the playoffs this year.

DC needs to refer to his 'do what ever is necessary' comment first!