Anger as Pokemon Go uses SWFC Hillsborough memorial as 'Pokestop'

Glad you bring up Operation Resolve.

Operation Resolve is one of two criminal investigations ordered following the publication of the Hillsborough Independent Panel’s report in September 2012. The other is an investigation by the Independent Police Complaints Commission . The aim of Operation Resolve is to undertake a thorough investigation into the events leading up to and including the disaster that took place on 15 April 1989 which resulted in the deaths of 96 people and injuries to 730 people at the Leppings Lane end of the stadium.

The investigation is looking at events leading up to the day of the disaster as well as the disaster itself. Our inquiry will look at:

- All decisions made (or not) and actions undertaken by those agencies/organisations who had responsibility of duty of care to those attending the match on 15 April 1989

- The planning and preparation for the match, including organisational and individual decision making.  It will examine whether the arrangements were sufficient to host the event

- Compare Hillsborough against the standards that existed in the 1980s together with the command and control, resourcing levels and threat and risk assessment including mitigation of the threat at Hillsborough

- The planning and decision-making that went into the ground’s design, engineering, alterations and final layout, including the condition and adequacy of the turnstiles, the siting of barriers and “pen” design. The safety monitoring and checking of the stadium will be essential in establishing whether the ground was fit for purpose

- The emergency services’ response and activation of any pre-planned responses to such disasters. It will examine in detail the police actions on 15 April 1989, both before and as the disaster unfolded, specifically their responses to the plight of the injured, dying and deceased and to the witnesses, relatives and friends.

- The re-examination of all available documents and data collected from the original police investigation, Coroner’s inquest, Public Inquiry, private prosecution, judicial review, Divisional Court ruling and the Hillsborough Independent Panel 2012. It will also examine all available information in relation to the previous FA Cup Semi Finals held at Hillsborough in 1981, 1987 and 1988 in order to identify new lines of inquiry

- Through an appropriately managed interview strategy, identify potential witnesses, including key significant witnesses and interview those persons who were involved in the planning of the semi final or who had a role to play on the day of the disaster

- The investigation will include all potential suspects both living and deceased, including those who have been tried and acquitted or where the proceedings have been stayed, taking into account any action, which may be a contributory factor to the deaths, discovered during the course of the investigation.

Where our inquiries involve examining the actions of South Yorkshire Police, this part of our investigation is being managed by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

8 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

So, basically, I'm right (and can prove with multiple sources from various different avenues and eras) and you're wrong (with just your own, biased, tainted, bullheaded view).

Glad we cleared that up.

:)

The fact Liverpool fans were completely exonerated is the main gripe. There were multiple facts that contributed to the disaster. Time and time again they're involved 

://www.gettyimages.ie/detail/video/ticketless-teenage-football-fan-desperate-to-see-match-news-footage/1B26058_0009

Wembley 1986

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

The fact Liverpool fans were completely exonerated is the main gripe. There were multiple facts that contributed to the disaster. Time and time again they're involved.

Its not about exonerating the fans. As has been said multiple times, it is acknowledged that some fans were drunk and some fans were ticketless (as happens at every football match, even today).

The verdict, after observing all the evidence, statements and testimony, was that those fans were a minority and didn't contribute to the disaster at Hillsborough itself.

How those fans didn't contribute to the disaster I'll never know. They, along with shoddy policing and the design of the ground ALL contributed. I don't care if it's not the 'official' stance it did and we all know it did those Liverpool fans included.

If I was outside the ground that day I'd have an extremely heavy conscience and im sure an awful lot do. We just don't hear them as it's not the 'truth'.

1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

Its not about exonerating the fans. As has been said multiple times, it is acknowledged that some fans were drunk and some fans were ticketless (as happens at every football match, even today).

The verdict, after observing all the evidence, statements and testimony, was that those fans were a minority and didn't contribute to the disaster at Hillsborough itself.

I had family that lived there at the time (they've since passed on) They told a different story to what the inquest held just outside Liverpool, chaired by the Bishop of Liverpool came up with.

The people who have considered the totality of the evidence - from Taylor through HIP to Dan Gordon - who has impeccable credentials as a Wednesdayite are in broad agreement. Nothing to do with arrogance - just looking at the evidence in full including computer records, all the CCTV footage etc. 

People who were there have their own entirely valid viewpoint and I understand that.  

6 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

I had family that lived there at the time (they've since passed on) They told a different story to what the inquest held just outside Liverpool, chaired by the Bishop of Liverpool came up with.

I have lived in Hillsborough all my life. Have family that live (and lived at the time) on Leppings Lane, Vere Road and other places in the immediate area. I have immediate family who were actually at Leppings Lane at the time of the incident.

I have also seen first-hand evidence and witness testimony, as well as speaking to many, many people involved. Have read the independent panel report. Have read the original inquest report, contributed to research on the subject, etc, etc, etc. I could go on.

All collectively corroborate the findings of the independent panel jury.

14 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

The inquest in Warrington? 

34 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

Don't seem to be able to quote your reply to a previous post, but can I just say you have no flipping idea idea what I saw and went through on that day, so I would appreciate you keep your flipping sarcastic comments about my experiences to yourself.

fornicate the swear filter!

Edited by cactus

4 minutes ago, cactus said:

Don't seem to be able to quote your reply to a previous post, but can I just say you have no flipping idea idea what I saw and went through on that day, so I would appreciate you keep your flipping sarcastic comments about my experiences to yourself.

Sorry, wasn't being sarcastic if that is the way it came across, just trying to debate the facts here.

I genuinely feel for you if you were adversely affected by your experience on the day. I have friends and family who were there and have suffered with it too (even to this day), so understand why you might have misunderstood and be angry with me.

5 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Yep, just outside Liverpool 

What did that have to do with the Bishop of Liverpool? The inquest was run by Sir John Goldring - a judge who the families clashed with 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/29/hillsborough-inquest-legal-system-key-part-establishment-failed-families-years

Absolutely nothing to do with the Bishop. He chaired HIP. Fundamental "truths" about Hillsborough are casually regarded as facts by people who "know" what happened without reading the detailed evidence. 

8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

What did that have to do with the Bishop of Liverpool? The inquest was run by Sir John Goldring - a judge who the families clashed with 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/apr/29/hillsborough-inquest-legal-system-key-part-establishment-failed-families-years

Absolutely nothing to do with the Bishop. He chaired HIP. Fundamental "truths" about Hillsborough are casually regarded as facts by people who "know" what happened without reading the detailed evidence. 

We all know this would have run and run if the verdict was not what JFH wanted

29 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

We all know this would have run and run if the verdict was not what JFH wanted

Your grasp of the basic facts is faulty. Why would you have any idea what the truth is when you thought the Bishop of Liverpool was the coroner - which is a very simple point?

People who have done exhaustive investigations into this have one view - the people who don't like Scousers or "know" what happened without reading the various reports have another.  I know the group I prefer to listen to.