Forestieri

On 18 August 2016 at 12:03, Saxondale said:

My prediction is (which I'll be delighted to be proved wrong about)

we lose against Leeds, FF becomes solely to blame for the poor form in the last 2 games for "upsetting the dressing room" etc. Then he's eventually sold before the window shuts. 

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, yunga_swfc said:

Disappointed how easy Wednesday fans all forgiven him, quite sad really we let a player completely take the p!ss out of us all because we are so desperate for success

pathetic

You're right, we should have made it much more difficult for him to play! Did you come down on a Leeds coach?

1 minute ago, swfc4_sufc0 said:

You're right, we should have made it much more difficult for him to play! Did you come down on a Leeds coach?

No, he's a Wednesdayite that has probably followed the club through thick and thin, and doesn't like to see overpaid wazzurks taking the mick out of a proper football club, steeped in history, tradition and values. 

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, vulva said:

Maybe. This situation has rattled me. And the fact this thread has received contrasting responses just about says it all. To stand any chance this season we needed everyone pulling in the same direction.

Footballers live a privileged life, and I've no issue with that. As fans we pay a premium to watch these lads, and the absolute minimum I expect is for them to turn out. He couldn't even do that. At 26 he knew full well the impact of what he was doing. This isn't Trond Solvedt on £800 a week winding his career down. This is the star man, on big money. 

I'm not interested in excuses, or apologies. He crossed a line for me, and I want him out. He played well today, and is a good player. I'm not questioning that. But he ain't Puskas, didn't get in the Championship team of the season, and is still here, which indicates teams at a higher level arn't that bothered. We will replace him. Players come and go, and the club has lost some dignity here. 

We should have cleared his locker and sold him to the highest bidder. 

Totally agree and said it at the time, yeah it's not just him to blame BUT you're telling me he's moved on? (excuse the pun) not a chance and players feel as they did before? Come on get real!

Confidence is key as seen last season and the yin isn't yanging yet!!!

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Carl Shutt is God said:

A lot of.our success last season was built on great team spirit. I can't help but think this whole fiasco has had an effect. 

Many people underestimate the effect things like this can have. 

I agree. It doesn't take much to upset the applecart when all was seemingly well. FF dropped a bombshell. There will be some lasting damage. 

Edited by wilyfox

O well least we got some solutions, sell our best player and look even more average than we already are or keep him and have a squad where others are p!ssed off with his whole drama the other week and team spirit will be killed off. Exciting times ahead, hopefully we just miss out on the bottom 3 lol

I haven't forgotten how disgusted I was by his refusal to play...twice it seems.

He isn't playing like he's not bothered, it's affected the team that's obvious.

Should we sell him, no. 

Should we trust in Carlos, yes.

If he really is the problem it will become more apparent but as a comparison to anyone else on the pitch today he put in 'a shift', some didn't. 

I don't see the point of holding this issue against him as it's too easy to blame 2 defeats.

What would we get for damaged goods, 5 mill. How do we replace him with that amount.

It's up to Carlos to decide who is our best team. 

We're a technically good team, but physically we're not imposing (like FF). To get the best out of FF, Bannan et al we need some big bruisers in the team and at the moment we don't have them. We struggle against the promoted teams because to get out of the Third a club has to have physicality. Monk saw what happened on Tuesday and acted accordingly.