Forestieri

Played well, never doubted his ability, but team spirit is worth 20 points a season. Players aren't daft, and I wonder how many more are looking for more money. 

And I wonder how many wanted to lamp him. 

What he did, and the timing of it, has left a very bad taste. And it's a taste that will hang around until he goes. 

Plenty of issues , he should have scored early on , BUT Bannon playing so deep is making him less effective than last season and Wallace is not the player from last season either. 

Hard call but I would be tempted to sell FF , get in a midfield enforcer and left winger with the money and focus on A Fletcher / Hooper front two. 

Guest wilyfox

When your best player does that, it hurts the group. There's no getting away from it. And the fans have been asked to forgive and support him when they still don't know exactly what they're expected to forgive. 

Nothing to do with FF, nothing to do with team spirit.

Purely & simply got out muscled, with a bit of help from the ref constantly turning a blind eye.

Not an excuse, Burton did it, Leeds did it.

F**k all to do with FF, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good excuse for a few "I told you so's".

30 minutes ago, vulva said:

The blame is with you lad. 

We we should have got rid.

End of story. 

What a pathetic post, what happened was really poor from the player but you can't blame him solely for our form. We need full back's that can defend whilst also being able to put a ball in the opposition box. Today we had neither. Midfield needs sorting, to lightweight and teams have done their homework on us.

Just now, bigthinrob said:

Purely & simply got out muscled, with a bit of help from the ref constantly turning a blind eye.

F**k all to do with FF, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good excuse for a few "I told you so's".

Defo lacked muscle and have done for a while. None of us really know what damage has been caused by FF's shoddy antics though.

7 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Dont agree. Team spirit has clearly dropped. Whether that's the FF saga who knows, but it's not as good. Of course team spirit is never great when you are struggling. Chicken and egg.

But 10 minutes in I feared the worst. Bannan was having a right go at FF for not making a run, and instead he had to turn and play a sideways pass.

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

People need to separate the fact he's a good player, and the impact of what he did on the dressing room spirit, a spirit that got us to Wembley last season. 

Yeah, Wembley. Where the midfield was over ran, our muscled and out played..... that Wembley where all of our weaknesses were on show for all to see? Those same weaknesses that werent addressed in pre-season.

Naff all to do with Forestieri and more to do with not strengthening in the areas that were so blatantly letting us down. The same weaknesses that were exploited against Burton and again today. 

And for the record, FF didnt have a bad game at all today, thought he played well.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Dont agree. Team spirit has clearly dropped. Whether that's the FF saga who knows, but it's not as good. Of course team spirit is never great when you are struggling. Chicken and egg.

But 10 minutes in I feared the worst. Bannan was having a right go at FF for not making a run, and instead he had to turn and play a sideways pass.

Clearly the FF issue had been bubbling under the surface for a while until it came to the surface and the team spirit seemed fine against both Villa and Norwich.

I reckon its more a case of teams doing their homework and bullying us & negating our strengths.

Team spirit is a part of the jigsaw, but only a part and isn't any use if you aren't allowed a platform to build from.

5 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Then he should be given more of the ball in a midfield 5 with some bench time for Wallace. 3-5-2 would  be a better option than 4-4-2. Where has our pressing game gone ?

This for me is the crux...rate Lee and Bannan and at the beginning of the season they would probably been my choice in CM. However, today neither seemed to be as attack minded as last year (maybe just the opposition - I don't know) nor was the pressing game of last year in evidence. Maybe play Abdi in the middle with Bannan, Lee on the right and FF on the left....

Today, I saw a Forestieri with less enthsusiam than I've ever seen before. The Fernando I know, provides tremendous effort to link up with Nuhiu/Joao/Matias, today their was little to no effort to link with Fletcher. 

Seeing Hooper trying to encourage FF several times said alot to me. I'm pretty sure his heads still not right, either dislikes Fletcher or the fact his mates Joao & Nuhiu aren't involved.

We lose two on the bounce and some fans want to sell our best player.

Get a grip you numpties.

Nobody knows what the spirit is like in the changing rooms but those in it.

Football at the highest level is all about fine margins. We had lots of clear cut chances today and could have benefited from scoring the first goal but we failed.

Blaming Forestieri is totally knee-jerk. We conceded three midweek at Burton. Did FF kidnap Lees or boot him in the shins?