Line-up v Leeds

2 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

No idea. But even if they would go for more, it doesn't make them better players. Jones and Abdi's careers speak for themselves.

The issue is, you're ridiculously stubborn, (and that's being kind) so in your eyes Bannan/Lee is the best midfield pairing in football history

:duntmatter:

Read the thread mate.

Poster says Abdi and Jones should start because they cost 6mil.

I say Lee and Bannan are worth more, so his argument falls down.

For what its worth, my view is that Lee and Bannan have earned the right to start in CM, but if they play poorly, or if either Jones or Abdi show more (in training, or as subs, or out of position) they should of course take over.

I think its fantastic that we have quality in Lee and Bannan, with quality breathing down their neck.

49 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

We have paid around 6 million quid for Abdi and Jones .

We need to improve our first 11 after last season and we have spent that money to help do it

They need to play and play in their proper positions

There is no way we paid £2 million for Jones!? Surely?

9 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Read the thread mate.

Poster says Abdi and Jones should start because they cost 6mil.

I say Lee and Bannan are worth more, so his argument falls down.

For what its worth, my view is that Lee and Bannan have earned the right to start in CM, but if they play poorly, or if either Jones or Abdi show more (in training, or as subs, or out of position) they should of course take over.

I think its fantastic that we have quality in Lee and Bannan, with quality breathing down their neck.

I take it the same doesn't apply to Hooper. He's been dogger, our other forwards have looked decent, yet he's always worthy of a starting spot in your eyes.

Basically, no matter what happens, you won't be swayed on who should play. Every time we fail to win with your preferred line up, you'll have an excuse at the ready. And every time we fail to win without your preferred line, it'll be because we didn't use it.

17 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Westwood

Hunt -  Lees - Hutch - Pudil

Jones

Lee -   Abdi  - Bannan

FF

Fletcher

Like the look of this. Midfield looks balanced, round pegs and all and FF can float around the front third to find space while Fletch is the focal point.

I know this is crazy town but how about we play our left footed wide-man on the left in a proper 442 with two conventional wingers? Abdi in the middle, Foresteri poaching off loose balls. Bench: Lee, Jones, Joao, Hooper, Palmer, Wildsmith.

Westwood
Hunt      Hutchinson     Lees     Pudil
Buckley    Abdi       Bannan  Wallace
           Fletcher    Forestieri

Score: Owls 2 - 0 Leeds (Fletcher 36', Forestieri 78').
Attendance: 28,000.

Edited by TrueOwl

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 06:47, Think tank said:

Firstly I think most people would agree that Hooper and Wallace need to come out.

With that in mind, I'd go for:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutchinson

Pudil

Jones

Bannan

Buckley

Abdi

Forriesteri 

Fletcher

That team obviously doesn't include Lee, who I rate really highly but the reality is that to get everything we need more of in the team, we are probably going to have to sacrifice Lee or Bannan. It's the elephant in the room, nobody wants to comment on it but to give the team the correct balance we probably can't accomodate both of them.

This all day long for me.

I think a lot of people (and I understand why I am not taking the mickey) are finding it difficult to accept that good players (who might be crowd favourites) might be on the bench.

For me Abdi has to play CAM.  Bannan has to play and Jones gives us a bit of strength that we need.  Lee is not a winger, particularly if we change to 4-2-3-1 which the signings we have made suggest might happen.

I would have Lee as sub on Saturday.  However, I am sure he will still start over 30 matches this season with injuries, suspensions and rotation.  It is a squad game now.

If we play the team that the OP suggested that leaves a potential subs bench (when everybody is fit) of:-

Wildsmith

Palmer

Loovens

Lee

Wallace/Matias

Hooper

Joao/Nuhiu

Personally, I think that is quite exciting.

Dropping Lee is not thinkable.  Same with Bannan.  What were you thinking?

But yes, the number of decent midfielders makes the decision difficult.  David Jones will have to wait and seize an opportunity later when he is more bedded in.  No need to rush him in to the team.

But if we get a new defender....he can definitely be rushed in to the team.

Westwood

Hunt  Less Hutchinson Pudil

Jones Bannan 

Buckley      Abdi         Forestieri

Fletcher

Wildsmith, Lee, Wallace, Nuhiu, Hooper, Semedo, Joao on the bench.