Line-up v Leeds

8 hours ago, Think tank said:

Firstly I think most people would agree that Hooper and Wallace need to come out.

With that in mind, I'd go for:

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Hutchinson

Pudil

Jones

Bannan

Buckley

Abdi

Forriesteri 

Fletcher

That team obviously doesn't include Lee, who I rate really highly but the reality is that to get everything we need more of in the team, we are probably going to have to sacrifice Lee or Bannan. It's the elephant in the room, nobody wants to comment on it but to give the team the correct balance we probably can't accomodate both of them.

Agreed - I am just not convinced CC will drop Lee..he clearly rates him highly but with Abdi and Jones now here, hard choices have to be made.

Also Buckley for Wallace is the right call..Wallace hasn't been great this season so far and Buckley has the pedigree for this level..

Feel a bit sorry for Hooper, in the right lineup and formation he will get goals..just not sure if that will happen now for him at the moment.

I would keep him in with Fletcher if we do revert to 442 with a midfield that clicks

3 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Agreed - I am just not convinced CC will drop Lee..he clearly rates him highly but with Abdi and Jones now here, hard choices have to be made

I agree can't see CC dropping lee and I agree with him if i'm honest..if I was forced to drop either Bannan or Lee i'd drop Bannan but would prefer to keep them both

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

A team where everyone plays in their best position, so...

Has Abdi done enough yet to replace Lee or Bannan? Not for me.

Is Buckley ready to take over from Wallace? No idea, but CC will know.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Hutch

Pudil

Wallace or Buckley

Lee

Bannan

FF

Hooper

Fletcher

agree with this..........

Assuming everyone is fit

Westwood

Hunt   Lees   Hutchinson   Pudil

Jones

Lee   Bannan    Abdi    Forestieri

Fletcher

4 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

We have paid around 6 million quid for Abdi and Jones .

We need to improve our first 11 after last season and we have spent that money to help do it

They need to play and play in their proper positions

And what do you think Bannan and Lee would sell for? Approx £10m combined would be my guess. 

So why would we drop either based on price tag?

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

And what do you think Bannan and Lee would sell for? Approx £10m combined would be my guess. 

So why would we drop either based on price tag?

The price is not really the issue although I don't think anybody would pay anywhere near that money for Bannan and Lee

Jones was a regular with Burnley in the prem and Abdi played 30 games last season for Watford

Lee has never played at that level and Bannan could not get a regular game

The issue is we need to improve the first 11. These are 2 key signings. If they are not good enough to improve our first 11 , which means they need to play, then they are bad signings.

Their records say they will improve our team

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

No idea. But would you expect more than £6m for Bannan and Lee? I would.

No idea. But even if they would go for more, it doesn't make them better players. Jones and Abdi's careers speak for themselves.

The issue is, you're ridiculously stubborn, (and that's being kind) so in your eyes Bannan/Lee is the best midfield pairing in football history

:duntmatter: