Forestieri

Apologised, forgiven for me. He's made a massive error of judgement, advised very badly. 

Get your head down, win the fans back. Score some goals. It won't take long with the passion he puts in. If his head wasn't right before Villa that's a damn impressive performance even so. 

Our chances of promotion are doubled with an on form Forestieri in the side. I'd even go as far as saying, with him in the current side, and the couple of additions been touted, we look very good for a top two spot even at this stage. 

Guest Arnold

He's done the correct thing in my opinion.  Now let's get him tied down and forget about this.  I do think it has been blown out of proportion. 

If his head was "not right" to play against Villa and Norwich,where the hell is it going to be now after the furore he/agent has caused ???

What is really bugging me is this......   Sheffield Wednesday paid circa £3m for his services, skill levels,effort and ability to develop. His then team Watford only wanted £3m for him because that is what they thought he was worth and did'nt think he was delivering in these areas, when playing for them and certainly was not worth keeping. So during during negotiations between SWFC/ him/agent it was AGREED to pay him X per week for him to to apply those skill levels, effort and abilty to develop whilst playing fot us. So he ONLY!! does what he is being paid to do for 12 months, in a very positive environment, provide by SWFC, its other players/coaches and fans. Then he thinks he is providing "the above and beyond" which deserves to be rewarded by more money, immediately. !! Where is the sense of balance from FF/agent. Do they not realise that if he continues to bang in the goals and play well for SWFC, his returns will be far greater from either us or another club at a higher level, than just grabbing a quick extra buck.

Or does he not believe he can play at that higher level, does he have doubts and believes he has to try and cash in whilst the going is good with Wednesday. He must know he his peeing in his chips by damaging that positive environment in which he is lucky to play ( created by a lot of other people, not just himself.)

Get rid.

As soon as a player believes he is bigger than the club there is trouble.

Could cause a divided dressing room, other players throwing their dummies out for more cash.

No player is irreplaceable.

With some of the comments on here you would think that he is a world beater!

Good championship player - no more, Knockaert is better.

3 hours ago, Millhouses said:

Get rid.

As soon as a player believes he is bigger than the club there is trouble.

Could cause a divided dressing room, other players throwing their dummies out for more cash.

No player is irreplaceable.

With some of the comments on here you would think that he is a world beater!

Good championship player - no more, Knockaert is better.

Have you checked that avatar for any mistakes?

no way is Knockaert a better player

Guest Hirstpower
4 hours ago, RichieB said:

Thing is though, there doesn't appear to be any serious offers on the table for him, only the pathetic £7m bid from Derby. 

I think if FF is genuinely unhappy here we should move him on for the good of everyone, but without top money offered we could be stuck with an unhappy player, selling on the cheap is not an option to DC.

I'm surprised no big bids have come in as things stand. This could drag on all the way until the end of the window. 

Maybe the reason for this,may be  the fact he has tarnished his own reputation and other clubs don't want the same issues from FF

Guest Hirstpower
4 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Have you checked that avatar for any mistakes?

no way is Knockaert a better player

I tend to disagree to a point.

Currently FF Is better but before CC got the best out of FF, then I would say Knockeart may be the better player if they both played under CC.

15 hours ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Just a quick observation about CC and relationships with players.

McGugan fell foul of Carlos and hasn't really featured.

Lachman is languishing in the development team, but by all reports is still training and playing hard.

I think, in my humble opinion, that CC puts enormous store by how his players act with regard to the betterment of the team as a whole, and asks that they put aside their egos, and pull together for the benefit of the team.

I think Carlos will view FF recent behaviour as severely affecting the team ethos, and don't personally think there is a way  back from this situation, but I've been wrong before :columbo:

I agree to a point but the betterment of the team involves Forestieri and therefore it fits Carlos's brief

Maybe even the team played a part at Carrow Rd

I thought we would struggle with or without FF but it all ended up rather comfortable.

So there's him at home sulking and maybe wondering if he was the jewel in the crown.

Will the team accept him back

i should imagine so 

When I was playing cricket we had a decent batsman that sometimes went missing for weeks on end

I was always glad to see him tip up 

Hypocrite ? Yep Probably am

I'm a bloke who was sat with a lager , smoking a *** and yelling at Olympic athletes to f ook in row faster yesterday ...

Whatever is best for the Owls and Owls fans

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Maybe even the team played a part at Carrow Rd

I thought we would struggle with or without FF but it all ended up rather comfortable.

So there's him at home sulking and maybe wondering if he was the jewel in the crown.

Will the team accept him back

i should imagine so 

When I was playing cricket we had a decent batsman that sometimes went missing for weeks on end

I was always glad to see him tip up 

Hypocrite ? Yep Probably am

I'm a bloke who was sat with a lager , smoking a *** and yelling at Olympic athletes to f ook in row faster yesterday ...

Whatever is best for the Owls and Owls fans

Dunt rhyme.

Guest Copthorneowl
40 minutes ago, darra said:

I agree to a point but the betterment of the team involves Forestieri and therefore it fits Carlos's brief

Also agree with kendoddsdad in the main but honestly don't think CC is the grudge bearing kind. Think he will fully embrace the apology and their will be a way back for Fernando.

What I do think however is that there is little or no chance of CC playing FF at Burton, Carlos will feel ( rightly in my view) that there has to be a penalty for such a huge error on Fernandos part and he will not feature at Burton if he did it would possibly send out a weak message.  Think he will play at Hillsborough or start on bench. Hope fans don't react negatively.