Forestieri

Now the dust has settled. 

If all of this is about getting a move away...then get rid, but make sure whoever is signing him pays the absolute maximum. This whole "rotting in the reserves" thing just won't work in my opinion. We risk jeopardising squad harmony by keeping a disgruntled player on our books. 

If this is about getting a pay rise...then it really depends on what he and his agent are asking for. If it's some obscene amount (for us), then we have to stand firm. Sure we can offer him an improvement (salary wise and years), but we can't be seen to kowtow to a player who effectively threatened to down tools for the last fortnight. It would send the wrong message to the current playing staff and prospective new signings. If Fernando's gripe is that he wants to be brought in line with other top earners, then I think the club should be willing to listen and possibly agree a deal. In saying that he must make a full apology to the chairman, manager, his fellow players and the fans. 

What's most important is that this issue is addressed ASAP. The more it rumbles on, the worst it is likely to get. 

Fernando has played his hand (made himself look like a bellend in the process) and the club needs to get this sorted one way or another. 

3 minutes ago, SiJ said:

What a bloody shame though. 

A player that I think it's fair to say is universally adored by the fanbase and then he goes and does this. 

Sadly I wouldn't imagine he gives a poo .  His new fans will like him - we'll boo him. Didn't bother Di Canio, Carbone, BFR etc etc. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Sadly I wouldn't imagine he gives a poo .  His new fans will like him - we'll boo him. Didn't bother Di Canio, Carbone, BFR etc etc. 

I agree. 

Meant it more from a fans point of view. 

He's actions speak a lot louder than a nice interview in the Sheffield Star a few months ago. 

Money does funny things to people. 

There are ways of trying to negotiate better terms on your contract.

There are ways of trying to manufacture a move away.

There are even ways of using interest & terms offered by other clubs (we all know it goes on) to negotiate with your current club.

But to train all week, to be a part of the training sessions preparing for a big game away against Norwich, to be in the squad & probably starting and then drop it on the club, the manager & his teammates that he doesn't want to travel & play, just befor getting on the coach is absolutely disgusting behaviour. It's wrong and a complete disrespect to everyone, but mainly his teammates.

If I was in that dressing room, I have a serious issue with that. 

If if we keep him & he comes back into the team and plays well, that's fine.

If he leaves, it doesn't bother me. I know we'll get a good fee for him and I have complete trust in the football club in carrying on building a squad capable of getting promoted.

I honestly couldn't care less what happens with Fernando now, I just hope whatever the outcome, it is dealt with quickly with minimum disruption to the squad that actually wants to play here and has respect for the club, the owner, the management team, the fans and more importantly their own team mates.

Edited by BRADDAZ

4 minutes ago, BRADDAZ said:

There are ways of trying to negotiate better terms on your contract.

There are ways of trying to manufacture a move away.

There are even ways of using interest & terms offered by other clubs (we all know it goes on) to negotiate with your current club.

But to train all week, to be a part of the training sessions preparing for a big game away against Norwich, to be in the squad & probably starting and then drop it on the club, the manager & his teammates that he doesn't want to travel & play, just befor getting on the coach is absolutely disgusting behaviour. It's wrong and a complete disrespect to everyone, but mainly his teammates.

If I was in that dressing room, I have a serious issue with that. 

If if we keep him & he comes back into the team and plays well, that's fine.

If he leaves, it doesn't bother me. I know we'll get a good fee for him and I have complete trust in the football club in carrying on building a squad capable of getting promoted.

I honestly couldn't care less what happens with Fernando now, I just hope whatever the outcome, it is dealt with quickly with minimum disruption to the squad that actually wants to play here and has respect for the club, the owner, the management team, the fans and more importantly their own team mates.

Can't argue with any of that. 

The worst thing that can happen is this ends up being an even more protracted saga than it already is. 

Credit to the lads on Saturday for not allowing this little stunt to disrupt them. 

In saying that the more this gets dragged out; the more likely it is to cause issues within the dressing room. 

Thing is though, there doesn't appear to be any serious offers on the table for him, only the pathetic £7m bid from Derby. 

I think if FF is genuinely unhappy here we should move him on for the good of everyone, but without top money offered we could be stuck with an unhappy player, selling on the cheap is not an option to DC.

I'm surprised no big bids have come in as things stand. This could drag on all the way until the end of the window. 

I think the point people are missing is that the players want to be successful & they'll recognize they have a better chance with him in the side - fully motivated and engaged.

he'll need to apologize and make up some ground - and sure - one or two might feel a bit put out, but good players want to play with good players

The other point id make is the more successful we become, the bigger the egos and money become which means this is more likely to happen.

this needs to be dealt with respectfully, professionally and decisively

like i said in another thread, sell him or keep him - so long as Carlos maintains his authority, it doesn't really matter

if Carlos becomes compromised, then we've got a much much bigger problem

7 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Thing is though, there doesn't appear to be any serious offers on the table for him, only the pathetic £7m bid from Derby. 

I think if FF is genuinely unhappy here we should move him on for the good of everyone, but without top money offered we could be stuck with an unhappy player, selling on the cheap is not an option to DC.

I'm surprised no big bids have come in as things stand. This could drag on all the way until the end of the window. 

Watch the Sky Sports interview with Carlos