Rival watch

14 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Yes, Villa are the ones that worry me, they are making some quality signings - just depends how quickly they settle.

They are making good signings, but they haven't gelled this season and with less than half a season to go I doubt they will. 

Think people are are too busy looking at what Villa could do on paper, as opposed to what they are doing. 

Personally not that impressed by the Lansbury signing. He's talented, but has been a big fish in a poor side. 

As for Hourihane: player in great form, but it's a huge step up (in terms of expectations) going from Dingles to Villa. 

Next season Villa will be a threat imo. 

Edited by SiJ

Well, SAM thinks Derby should enter the play offs and Huddersfield should drop out, so I'm glad Fulham got parked at 40 pts now that we've played same number of games.

Huddersfield cannot ride their luck for the rest of the season, their squad simply doesn't strike me as one to finish top 6. 19 more matches, that's nearly half a season left and at some point "reality" will catch up with Huddersfield. Or, it will catch up with me and they actually pull a Leicester to get a place in the play offs...

43 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

James Bree to Aston Villa from Barnsley. 

Good signing for future.

Birkir Bjarnson to Aston Villa from FC Basel.

One of best Championship players.  

41 minutes ago, Owling said:

You know that before he's even kicked a ball

Ha, was just about to say he hasn't played yet

not getting your assessments from a game are you mate?

6 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Ha, was just about to say he hasn't played yet

not getting your assessments from a game are you mate?

The last player I seen labeled as the best in the championship on signing turned out to be Abdi! I hope he's just as good.... or at least takes him as long to settle! 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

The last player I seen labeled as the best in the championship on signing turned out to be Abdi! I hope he's just as good.... or at least takes him as long to settle! 

I think there's more to this injury than we know

based on him growing into the last game where he aggravated his injury  I still think he'll come good -very good and no I don't play football manager :biggrin:

2 hours ago, steelowl said:

I think there's more to this injury than we know

based on him growing into the last game where he aggravated his injury  I still think he'll come good -very good and no I don't play football manager :biggrin:

I still think he'll be a key player at some point.... keeping the faith!