Rival watch

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Both scores going against us tonight :-(

Not really. We won't catch Brighton so that game is irrelevant, Fulham have been playing well of late so for them to stay 5 points behind us having played the same amount of games now is good. We will finish above Reading I am sure of that so not overly fussed about them being 4 pts ahead of us as I am confident we can reel them in.

27 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Not really. We won't catch Brighton so that game is irrelevant, Fulham have been playing well of late so for them to stay 5 points behind us having played the same amount of games now is good. We will finish above Reading I am sure of that so not overly fussed about them being 4 pts ahead of us as I am confident we can reel them in.

This for me all I care about at the end of the season is we are sixth and in the hunt. The more points anyone below us drops is always going to be a massive bonus.....WAWAW

27 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

This for me all I care about at the end of the season is we are sixth and in the hunt. The more points anyone below us drops is always going to be a massive bonus.....WAWAW

Perhaps Newcastle and Brighton are getting out of reach though, with 19 games still to go, who knows.

I honestly believe that, irrespective of what happens subsequently, if we get to the play offs, we will beat Reading, Derby and and HT if they don't fall away so I am seeing the Weeds as the biggest threat but of course, I may be wildly incorrect. 

10 minutes ago, almy20 said:

Perhaps Newcastle and Brighton are getting out of reach though, with 19 games still to go, who knows.

I honestly believe that, irrespective of what happens subsequently, if we get to the play offs, we will beat Reading, Derby and and HT if they don't fall away so I am seeing the Weeds as the biggest threat but of course, I may be wildly incorrect. 

Newcastle and Brighton could possibly be caught, but not by us. 15 behind BHA and 13 behind Newcastle. Not a chance.

I see us needing to finish in the top four of a handicap mini-league:-

Reading +4

Leeds +4

Udders +3

Owls

---------------------

Derby -2

Barnsley -4

Fulham -5

Norwich -5

PNE -5

Villa -9 (but they look like they/Bruce are in a serious mess)

doff my cap to Chris Hughton he's done at good job he got Newcastle up last time and with less resources doing the same with Brighton

Knockaert and Murray were good signings can't remember if he signed the centre backs too

tbh I think after their points total last year and the way they carried  on in the same way this, out of the top 2 I think they should go up It'd be funny if Newcastle collapsed, but can't see it - so 3rd or 4th is the target 

9 hours ago, almy20 said:

Out of the two, I'd say Newcastle are more likely to implode. It's what they do! Let's leads slip