Rival watch

5 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Does purpose and passion equate to points? Or just feel better.... I mean would you swap a pretty loss for an ugly win. 

I know they are not mutually exclusive, but I'd rather we played controlling football that won points vs expansive football that didn't. 

Fair points.

I just think we are boring 

6 minutes ago, Quantum Owl said:

Because we lost one game of football against a promotion favourite..and we are above them in the league. Must be a joke.

Nope not because we've lost one game, we've been boring and predictable most of this season 

Just now, sweetsheri said:

Fair points.

I just think we are boring 

I thought the same about Arsenal in 90s, Porto when they won champions league, Chelsea and any other team Mourinho manages too!

It's a shame that football doesn't award points for flair, excitement or entertainment and that now it's so commercialized.

I'm happy to try and play great football once we've established ourselves in the big league. Until then though I'd happily have 1 deflected shot per game winning 1-0 and going up!

Just now, Philb125 said:

I thought the same about Arsenal in 90s, Porto when they won champions league, Chelsea and any other team Mourinho manages too!

It's a shame that football doesn't award points for flair, excitement or entertainment and that now it's so commercialized.

I'm happy to try and play great football once we've established ourselves in the big league. Until then though I'd happily have 1 deflected shot per game winning 1-0 and going up!

It's not just about us being boring, it's about how slow we are, we lack upbeat tempo, we have no urgency, we're pedestrian and laboured, we refuse to run at defenders, we're not making the other teams keeper work. We've rode our luck so far this season, I can think of ONLY 2-3 games where we actually played well. 

2 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Hardly a fair comparison.

We need to play with more energy and freedom, we have the players..

Just now, ohgoditsjames said:

It's not just about us being boring, it's about how slow we are, we lack upbeat tempo, we have no urgency, we're pedestrian and laboured, we refuse to run at defenders, we're not making the other teams keeper work. We've rode our luck so far this season, I can think of ONLY 2-3 games where we actually played well. 

But again, do you score points for tempo, speed, running at defenders.... whilst we are averaging (over last 10 or so games) over two points a game I can't criticize what's clearly working because it is boring. 

Probably the wrong thread anyhow! So let's just agree to cheer on plucky passionate six fingered neighbours! 

I certainly hope they can grind out a win! 

Shocking decision by Mike Dean, had to be a guess from his position. It also proves most assistants are told not to get involved unless asked because he had a good view. In my day I would have been lucky not to be demoted.

4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Hardly a fair comparison.

We need to play with more energy and freedom, we have the players..

Sorry for the copy and paste reply but wanted to reply... 

But again, do you score points for energy, or freedom.... whilst we are averaging (over last 10 or so games) over two points a game I can't criticize what's clearly working because it is boring. 

Probably the wrong thread anyhow! So let's just agree to cheer on plucky passionate six fingered neighbours! 

I certainly hope they can grind out a win! 

Well done our six fingered friends! Going into this weekend I'd have taken two in pack below dropping points and also two above us dropping points... 

really hope we can go away to Bristol and Wigan and put a few points on table now to cement our spot there and add some pressure to Leeds and Udders! 

Still in play-offs thank god. 

Henri Lansbury signs for Aston Villa From Nottingham Forest.

Good Championship signing.

Ryan Tunnicliffe signs for Wigan Athletic from Fulham.

One of the best Championship Central Midfielders.

Colin Quaner signs for Huddersfield Town from Union Berlin.

Good signing for Championship.

Marcus Browne signs for Wigan Athletic from West Ham United.

Not good enough.

Kerim Frei signs for Birmingham City from Besiktas.

Great singing.  

31 minutes ago, aeroswfc said:

Still in play-offs thank god. 

Henri Lansbury signs for Aston Villa From Nottingham Forest.

Good Championship signing.

Ryan Tunnicliffe signs for Wigan Athletic from Fulham.

One of the best Championship Central Midfielders.

Colin Quaner signs for Huddersfield Town from Union Berlin.

Good signing for Championship.

Marcus Browne signs for Wigan Athletic from West Ham United.

Not good enough.

Kerim Frei signs for Birmingham City from Besiktas.

Great singing.  

Have you been sniffing Columbian marching powder? Tunnicliffe one of the best centre midfielders in the Championship? And i wasnt aware Kerim Frei had a great voice?