Jos Hooiveld - done deal

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

We're signing some stars from other sports.

Lewis Hamilton Will be number 44 

Joe Root will be number 66

Directory enquiries is coming out of retirement and will be number 192

Gordon Sumner will wear 999, I'm sure we can get a tune out of him.

Did anyone spot the sting in the tail of that post, or does anyone need a message in a bottle? lol

This guy Jos got asked about this transfer today - ask how do I know.   Well, seeing as you asked, I will tell.

I know this person by proxy, and by proxy I mean I have never met him, nor even know who the bugger is, but yet somehow he seems to share a common piece of ground with me, and that is via the place I work with.   It's a long and boring story - the DMS my company uses as software, well, this guy's brother or brother in law (i'm not sure which, something is lost in translation) happens to work for the company who used to own the software.    Well, it seems a car dealership (nothing to do with me) in Rotherham reported this thread to his brother or brother in law and they told Jos.

Chinese whispers happened, and the result?     This guy is laughing his head off.   There is no deal and never has been any deal., but someone at the software company in question who relayed this back to him has got into serious trouble.

Cheers - that worked well didn't it, you almost got someone sacked, for absolutely nothing - a total lie.

Neil, please just ban the OP

I'd get it if it was some sort of attempted joke, or even just some sort of misunderstanding, but it's not... it's just a blatant lie. Fills up Owlstalk with crap and makes people believe the crap too. Some won't have been bothered to read all 5 pages of this thread, guarantee you there'll be people at the ground tomorrow asking where this new Dutch defender is and why he isn't in the squad. 

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'd get it if it was some sort of attempted joke, or even just some sort of misunderstanding, but it's not... it's just a blatant lie. Fills up Owlstalk with crap and makes people believe the crap too. Some won't have been bothered to read all 5 pages of this thread, guarantee you there'll be people at the ground tomorrow asking where this new Dutch defender is and why he isn't in the squad. 

Are you from North Korea

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Yep. Been away for a day and I can't be arsed to read 5 pages to see if it's BS or not. Luckily page 5 tells me. Especially annoying when 'done deal' is in the title.