Jos Hooiveld - done deal

I don't really have an opinion on this one, suffice to say, we needed someone in because I'm not convinced about the Lees Hutchinson partnership. If he's not good enough to start alongside Lees, then it would be an odd signing Do we think this one is down to Carlos, unlike Lachman, who bizarrely wasn't 

I wouldn't mind us getting Sasso back for another season. Wasn't outstanding but thought he did enough when called upon.

Not sure what his contract situation is or whether Carlos saw enough in him to think we could do better.

My opinion get him back. He knows the lads already, and we really can't afford to have 'settling in' time with a new CB.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don't really have an opinion on this one, suffice to say, we needed someone in because I'm not convinced about the Lees Hutchinson partnership. If he's not good enough to start alongside Lees, then it would be an odd signing Do we think this one is down to Carlos, unlike Lachman, who bizarrely wasn't 

Lachman signed before CC was named coach.

Just now, BathgateBob said:

I wouldn't mind us getting Sasso back for another season. Wasn't outstanding but thought he did enough when called upon.

Not sure what his contract situation is or whether Carlos saw enough in him to think we could do better.

My opinion get him back. He knows the lads already, and we really can't afford to have 'settling in' time with a new CB.

I can only assume Sasso doesn't want to come back, which is fair enough - a 25 y/o loanee shouldn't be wasting his career on the bench which was the case for most of last season.

Think Sasso, Lees, Hutchinson, Loovens and another would see us with a good pool of central defenders to pick from.

1 minute ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

I can only assume Sasso doesn't want to come back, which is fair enough - a 25 y/o loanee shouldn't be wasting his career on the bench which was the case for most of last season.

Think Sasso, Lees, Hutchinson, Loovens and another would see us with a good pool of central defenders to pick from.

Good point I never thought about him not wanting to come back. I always just assume they all want to come back. Who wouldn't!!

But you're right he will want first team football.

They did well enough last season and I too would be happy to go with them 4 again.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I honestly don't understand why 'fans' come on here and say things like 'done deal'.  If it's a suggestion or we are clearly after someone then fair enough but it's just effin annoying when people just make names up.  Stop behaving like 10 year old plebs!!!   Rant over!!