Jos Hooiveld - done deal

Old men forget...

Did we start Hutch and Lees together at CB last season?  I prefer Hutch at CB to midfield, and on the face of it Hutch/Lees is as strong a pairing as you could wish for at this level. With Loovens as back up/alternate we're pretty strong.  Definitely need some back up, but Sasso type quality seems more feasible.

Think CC mentioned Hutch is best at CH - can't see him getting into the MF with our current crop..he is also less prone to injury at Ch than in the midfield so it works on all fronts.

if we can get Melo up to speed he will be the DM cover should we need it.  With the squad we have, CC will be looking for us to attack when possible so a holding MF isn't such a priority.  Providing the wide men tack back as required, we should be ok when defending.

On this basis, I think Hutch and Lees will be the No 1 partnership with the 2 x Dutchmen as cover.  I'd still have Sasso back, he did perfectly well when required plus he is younger.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

Another one not Italian enough.

I demand an Italian clogger at the back.

Here is how it normally works.....

1)I ask for a certain type of player

2)I get ridiculed on here

3)Mr C obliges

4)I say I told you so.

That's how we ended up with Fletcher. He was the bearded foreign striker I asked for at the end of last season.

And to think you doubted me. Pfffft!