New Badge on South Stand

3 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

I mean I'm looking at the club website now and I can't even find the new home shorts? 

Was planning on buying 2 pairs tomorrow. 

All I can see is the away ones and last seasons?! 

I was planning to spend £23,000 tomorrow on mugs...damn the club

16 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I was planning to spend £23,000 tomorrow on mugs...damn the club

...or 20+ thousand people might have gone to look at a load of new merchandise with new badge, even if it was just a mug, a £2 keyring or fridge magnet etc

All adds up, or would've if there was anything half decent to buy.

2 hours ago, salmonbones said:

I think some people are being too precious about the badge.

It's what someone does who comes in and wants to leave a legacy, they look around to see what they can change.

It's still SWFC, we have a bit of pride back after years of being in the doldrums.   I swear some people on here are suicide candidates.    I personally prefer the old Owl but I won't be wasting any of my time telling people that, because quite frankly - I'm not that bothered and I am looking forward to tomorrow.    I'm looking forward to another successful season on the pitch.   Fancy that.

Why couldn't his legacy have been re-establishing us as a decent Premier League club? Why does he have to make a statement by changing the badge and the kit (both for the worse in my view)? His legacy should be based on successes - not aesthetics. 

This is what bothers me most - it's so unnecessary in the first place. 

Just now, Onge said:

Why couldn't his legacy have been re-establishing us as a decent Premier League club? Why does he have to make a statement by changing the badge and the kit (both for the worse in my view)? His legacy should be based on successes - not aesthetics. 

I'm beginning to agree.

Why did they need that white background again? Why not just mount it straight to the cladding or on a mounting that is slightly smaller than the badge?

Oh, cause they would have to paint the stand...?

Proper poor effort this.

4 minutes ago, Onge said:

Unnecessary and poorly executed.

It seems the badge was changed on a whim, there's been 3 versions to date! Surely you'd finalise these things before going ahead? 

2 hours ago, S1Owl said:

When a new chairman comes in, he/she should ask the fans what they want, like a referendum on shirts/badge etc. 

Oh FFS!

You should know from being on here that this would result in a minimum of 5,000 different opinions!  How the hell do you set about reconciling that?  Much better not to ask and just get on with what you feel is right; as the owner of the club you have actually purchased the right to do that as long as you don't fly full in the face of time honoured tradition (And remember the shirts have not traditionally always been straightforward stripes, nor has the badge always been the same)

Anyway,referenda ought to be outlawed; they are an abdication of leadership - look what happened last time we had one....................oops, sorry, this was not intended to be a political post.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, BarnOwl55 said:

Oh FFS!

You should know from being on here that this would result in a minimum of 5,000 different opinions!  How the hell do you set about reconciling that?  Much better not to ask and just get on with what you feel is right; as the owner of the club you have actually purchased the right to do that as long as you don't fly full in the face of time honoured tradition (And remember the shirts have not traditionally always been straightforward stripes, nor has the badge always been the same)

Anyway,referenda ought to be outlawed; they are an abdication of leadership - look what happened last time we had one....................oops, sorry, this was not intended to be a political post.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But the overwhelming opinion would be Sheffield Wednesday should play in proper blue and white stripes which is what they generally have been and have settled into after an unpopular radical change in the 60s.. 

:stuwinky:

2 hours ago, S1Owl said:

When a new chairman comes in, he/she should ask the fans what they want, like a referendum on shirts/badge etc. 

Oh FFS!

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But the overwhelming opinion would be Sheffield Wednesday should play in proper blue and white stripes which is what they generally have been and have settled into after an unpopular radical change in the 60s.. 

:stuwinky:

I actually much prefer the proper b/w stripes too but you know there were serious changes not only in the 60s but also 70s/80s/90s. My point is that you cannot ask for a vote on everything you are seeking to change.  It would result in chaos.  The chairman is the chairman and I believe that gives him certain rights and privileges that we do not have.  If we cannot stomach what he does then we have to protest but for goodness sake he shouldn't have to ask for permission every time he wants to do something.  That's blatant nonsense.:rolleyes:

Mandy said he was a custodian of OUR club. Chansiri uses 'traditional' as reasoning to change our badge and kit. I think he has got the football bug now but he has to remember we have been here through thick and thin. We followed our wednesday. Him spending money is fantastic. However being a dictator and loosing our identity as our wednesday, will end up in even the happy clappers turning on him in the end. Premier yes but not as a different club 'Chansiri FC' 

Think it's fairly safe to say stuff 'behind the scenes' is still being done very amateurish. Fortunately everything involving playing staff is utterly fantastic.

I'm sure the semantics of things like merchandising, agreeing on what our badge actually should be etc will fall in to place over the next 12 months, and it needs to because it's borderline shambolic. Fortunately, where it really matters, we're utterly fantastic.