New Badge on South Stand

9 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Mandy said he was a custodian of OUR club. Chansiri uses 'traditional' as reasoning to change our badge and kit. I think he has got the football bug now but he has to remember we have been here through thick and thin. We followed our wednesday. Him spending money is fantastic. However being a dictator and loosing our identity as our wednesday, will end up in even the happy clappers turning on him in the end. Premier yes but not as a different club 'Chansiri FC' 

The thing is it's all illogical so we aren't going to agree.

Pining for stripes is illogical because it's only a shirt. Wanting a centre forward to not be number 6 is peculiar - it's only a number. Wanting to play at Hillsborough alone is a bit odd - it's only a pitch. Wanting blue and white to be our colours is just a surface thing - like I said it's only a kit. What's it matter what we're called?  Wednesday? It's just a day of the week - change it to Thursday if that's his lucky day. What's in a name anyway? 

Supporting Wednesday for all these years if it's all about "entertainment" and the Premier League has been hugely illogical with Championships since I started following Wednesday going to lots of clubs within a short journey of Sheffield - Man Utd, Leeds, Man City, Derby, Forest and then Arsenal when I was down south. 

We each just have a different level of illogicality. Enjoy your football tomorrow - win or lose.

Edited by rickygoo

59 minutes ago, Onge said:

Why couldn't his legacy have been re-establishing us as a decent Premier League club? Why does he have to make a statement by changing the badge and the kit (both for the worse in my view)? His legacy should be based on successes - not aesthetics. 

This is what bothers me most - it's so unnecessary in the first place. 

To be honest, i'd do the same.   Maybe not the same in terms of changes that have happened, but anyone can change the structure of a business and no one will ever know, outside looking in.

There are several ways a man can affect change, and cosmetic is the most obvious.   Structure, stability and weeding out the processes that don't work - such as catering are all well and good, and are very good long term, but no fan will ever look back on these things and say "well done" or even remember it happened.

The man who builds a brand, gets that brand into the top flight and keeps it in the top flight?  That's a total other matter.   

To me and you, Wednesday are a way of life, to Chansiri, it's a business model.   I don't begrudge him that, and if he says he has bought into the Wednesday family, I am almost inclined to believe him, but business is business, even if your son is pulling at you saying "Buy Ross McCormack, you know you can afford it, please daddy please"

Badge on stadium looks a bit crap, to be honest.

Needs to be bigger and not have all the horrible white box round it, just a nice white outline to set it off against the blue background.

Wonder whether they've just not been able to get it printed large enough in time.

49 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Mandy said he was a custodian of OUR club. Chansiri uses 'traditional' as reasoning to change our badge and kit. I think he has got the football bug now but he has to remember we have been here through thick and thin. We followed our wednesday. Him spending money is fantastic. However being a dictator and loosing our identity as our wednesday, will end up in even the happy clappers turning on him in the end. Premier yes but not as a different club 'Chansiri FC' 

Losing our identity as Wednesday...have a read what the journalists said about us being at Wembley and support we gave ..it was the most positive media coverage we have ever had and that included the " glory day " of the early 90s

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I honestly sometimes think people preferred it when we were absoluteshite and shockingly run just because it was cheaper and a much better "product" for moaning about.

I think it's a lot safer for people to expect things to go wrong because they are afraid to put their thoughts and beliefs out there in case other people start pointing a finger at them...#tooscaredtodream

11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Losing our identity as Wednesday...have a read what the journalists said about us being at Wembley and support we gave ..it was the most positive media coverage we have ever had and that included the " glory day " of the early 90s

All those blue and white striped shirts looked magnificent didn't they?!

lol

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I honestly sometimes think people preferred it when we were absoluteshite and shockingly run just because it was cheaper and a much better "product" for moaning about.

I don't think you do really. 

gary megson

Just now, rickygoo said:

I don't think you do really. 

gary megson

I do.

The only positive I can take from the negativity I see on here is that it's probably saving wives being beaten and dogs being kicked.

And while you're here rickypoo, the comparison to Bates was laughable.. You should do a bit more research before you make that particular link.

11 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

When we were the Cretins.  So much happier in the eyes of some people than we are now.

1 minute ago, Dot said:

I wonder what Regi thinks of us always playing in stripes

because its a new thing us not having stripes

regi.jpg

Clutching at straws at the best...at the worst people with grudges against the club... " I used to have to go to the club on a regular basis in the end I hated going there "  you don't have to be Sherlock do you lol