New Badge on South Stand

2 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

So someone else airs a criticism - they're moaning.

You air a criticism - it's just an opinion

Right...

Its all about context.

Pro-Chansiri super fans praise the increased wage budget, transfer dealings, definitive ambition and cultural change.

Anti-Chansiri moaners target the badge, the kit, the emblem on the South Stand. Very much small fty in the grand scheme of things but enough of a moan to stick the boot in.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Bach said:

Its all about context.

Pro-Chansiri super fans praise the increased wage budget, transfer dealings, definitive ambition and cultural change.

Anti-Chansiri moaners target the badge, the kit, the emblem on the South Stand. Very much small fty in the grand scheme of things but enough of a moan to stick the boot in.

And some do both, as you don't have to pick a side.

Some things are great at the minute, mostly on the pitch, which is what counts.

Some things go are a bit pants and actually worse than before off the pitch. Like pricing, merchandise and the aesthetics  (which of course is a matter of taste).

11 hours ago, Dot said:

End of the day

we haven't always had stripes have we?

For about 95% of our time, since 1892.

defending this years kit by highlighting the other worst kits in our history speaks volumes.

its awful, hopefully a one season affair, but it's clear many Wednesday aren't bothered.

32 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

defending this years kit by highlighting the other worst kits in our history speaks volumes.

its awful, hopefully a one season affair, but it's clear many Wednesday aren't bothered.

Certainly not bothered enough to create an avatar that is normally used to poke fun at our fiercest rivals.

World's gone mad I'll tell thee.

57 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Actually I think it is a really good kit. Problem is it just isn't a Wednesday kit. More the sort of thing you'd expect to see Chelsea in.

56 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Actually I think it is a really good kit. Problem is it just isn't a Wednesday kit. More the sort of thing you'd expect to see Chelsea in.

I don't understand this 'it isn't a wednesday kit' business. 

We've had pinstripes before, we've had full blue and white sleeves before - even hoops! They are all 'wednesday kits', just like this one is. We've had the same similar width stripes for a very long time which is probably why its a bit different but it isn't a departure from a 'wednesday kit'.

Just now, cardiffowl06 said:

We've had pinstripes before, we've had full blue and white sleeves before - even hoops! They are all 'wednesday kits', just like this one is. We've had the same similar width stripes for a very long time which is probably why its a bit different but it isn't a departure from a 'wednesday kit'.

Of course it's a Wednesday kit because we'll be wearing it -  but it is a departure. The mid 60s kit was an unpopular aberration. The early 60s kit was if you put the two side by side - the actual kits not the drawings - very different. 

The heritage line is just spin to soft soap us. From where I sit you will not see the stripes. You would have with the early 60s kit. 

8 minutes ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Cardiff- you have soldyourself out too much with your city friends lol 

its obvious  what's happened with the kit,

lose the stripes for a season. Let everyone be angry. Bring a special 150 year striped shirt, people rush to have one. Record sales and enough revenue to bring Jeffers back:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

1 minute ago, cardiffowl06 said:

We haven't had a pinstripe home shirt before. Narrower yes. Pinstripes no.

Not that it matters much. Just think it looks like an Ipswich kit. Shirt colours are part of every club's identity. Some even add them to their crest.

OK if it's long term people will start to associate it with us, but just think it's an unessasary change.

I guess us doing it just because DC doesnt like stripes riles people.

Could be temporary. I hope so. We have played in stripes for the vast majority of our existence. 

P.S. @DeeJayOne no one knows what our original kit looked like. Not that it's important. Lots of clubs went with different styles in their fledgling years as at that point they had no tradition.

1 minute ago, Beatson said:

Anyone walked past the south stand in the past Hour? Sure I heard welding or something, would check but got bread in oven and bacon and sausages need marinating.

Marinating your bacon and sausage? Sophistication or what.