New Badge on South Stand

The new badge has been made out of plated steel and is going above the main entrance at the end of the South Stand bridge.

It should be up for Sunday.

Apparently it looks extremely impressive, is made out of 'plated stainless steel' (not sure what that means), weighs 6 tonnes and cost a fortune.

Technical issues with putting it up though as our South Stand bridge is only supposed to hold 3 tonnes which means we couldn't just drive it across the bridge.  lol

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

1 minute ago, richowl said:

DC wants the SWFC gone on the north seats now replaced with 'Chansiri'.

there's a few technical problems with that too lol

Why - are SYP saying he can only have a n s i r i ?

16 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The bit I didn't get is that there are 1,000 kg in a tonne.  Therefore 3,000kg in a tonne.

Average supporter weighs (optimistically because most of us are fatter) 75 kg.

That means only 40 supporters can stand on our bridge at any one time lol

But that is what I was told by a club official.

Tish the information you are working with is wrong ,1Tonne is a metric ton and as such is 1016.047 kg Whereas an Imperial ton is 2240 pounds using these figures, I suggest you re,calculate your rant Sir !!

40 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The new badge has been made out of plated steel and is going above the main entrance at the end of the South Stand bridge.

It should be up for Sunday.

Apparently it looks extremely impressive, is made out of 'plated stainless steel' (not sure what that means), weighs 6 tonnes and cost a fortune.

Technical issues with putting it up though as our South Stand bridge is only supposed to hold 3 tonnes which means we couldn't just drive it across the bridge.  lol

Harking back to my days many years ago as a metallurgist plate steel is just a fancy name for a sheets steel. Or at least it was 40 odd years ago lol

Keeping things simple, steel is an alloy of iron and carbon, whereas stainless steel is essentially an alloy of iron, carbon and chromium or iron, carbon chromium and nickel.

All forms of steel, whether they be ordinary iron and carbon alloy or stainless steel are made from a melt in furnaces. Because of this stainless steel cannot be plated to ordinary steel by chemical means either. 

Stainless steel can be welded to ordinary steel but a TIG welder is required, but this wouldn't suit your purposes.

Hot dipping is unlikely to be an option due to the melting temperatures of ordinary steel and stainless steel. Depending on the type of stainless steel, the temperatures will be similar or higher for stainless steel. This would damage the main item made from ordinary steel.