The Owls vs Port Vale. Official Matchday Thread.

4 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

It really needs a boycott to kick them up their ar5s,

I don't know of any other service that continuously lets their customers down and does'nt do a thing to rectify the problems, maybe DC should get on the case. 

I got a reply from both Rob and John. They say they weren't available today. Why the heck don't WP say something then? No feed, for Christ sake - there were no effing commentators.

5 minutes ago, trev said:

I'm pretty sure Wednesday player is just a small part of a large company who provide the exact same service for all clubs. 

I don't think the club actually own or run it.

Well, I think it's high time the club pulled out of the deal and did their own thing. It can't be rocket science!

Yes, his goals pre season suggest that Forestieri should play up front. I'm thinking Hooper may be the unlucky guy, finding himself  left out against Villa. A midfield of Wallace, Lee, Bannan and Abdi picks itself. The problems may be in defence, especially if Hunt and Hutchinson remain sidelined

Wednesday 3-0 Port Vale (Lees 19, Forestieri 51, Abdi 57).

First half: Westwood, Palmer, Semedo, Lees, Pudil, Lee, Bannan, Wallace, Forestieri, Fletcher, Hooper.

Second half: Westwood, Palmer, Semedo, Lees, Pudil, Lee (Sougou 77), Bannan, Wallace, Forestieri, Fletcher (Joao 46 (Nuhiu 75), Hooper (Abdi 46).

Well done Wednesday.

Unlucky Port Vale. 

34 minutes ago, RussianDave said:

I got a reply from both Rob and John. They say they weren't available today. Why the heck don't WP say something then? No feed, for Christ sake - there were no effing commentators.

I think that because these two were not there Wednesday should have made sure Radio Sheffield took over the link, this time we cant blame WP, I think this one is down to us for not providing a commentator.

Edited by daleblue

47 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, his goals pre season suggest that Forestieri should play up front. I'm thinking Hooper may be the unlucky guy, finding himself  left out against Villa. A midfield of Wallace, Lee, Bannan and Abdi picks itself. The problems may be in defence, especially if Hunt and Hutchinson remain sidelined

FF is a wonderful forward, but why would you not want his goals AND Hooper's goals this season? Why either/or rather than both? See how many goals the team and those two individuals scored when they were played as striker and left wing respectively. 

The Hooper Fletcher partnership needs a run, and I suspect it will be staggeringly successful. Then FF's goals from wide. Adds up to promotion IMO.

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

FF is a wonderful forward, but why would you not want his goals AND Hooper's goals this season? Why either/or rather than both? See how many goals the team and those two individuals scored when they were played as striker and left wing respectively. 

The Hooper Fletcher partnership needs a run, and I suspect it will be staggeringly successful. Then FF's goals from wide. Adds up to promotion IMO.

FF was lazy and disinterested first half today. Of course it was only a friendly so suppose it doesn't matter.

I like Hooper but I think FF just gives us more .

He was shunted wide at Watford and ended up losing his place in the team because it is not his position. Ok to switch him wide when going for it late in the game but not to start there

4 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

FF was lazy and disinterested first half today. Of course it was only a friendly so suppose it doesn't matter.

He was shunted wide at Watford and ended up losing his place in the team because it is not his position. Ok to switch him wide when going for it late in the game but not to start there

it happened the other way around nearly all the time last season.

we started FF up front before bringing him back & bringing a 2nd striker on.

12 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

4 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Because he was up top with Hooper.

Put him alongside Fletcher or even Joao and you see what he's all about.

You are amazing. For the second half of last season you were purring like a contented pussycat over the Hooper/FF pairing when everyone else on here thought it was awful.

14 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

He only played wide in 9 matches last season, but he scored 6 goals (and the team points tally was amazing btw).

In the 30 he played up front he scored 9.

What makes you say wide left is not his position?

16 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

really I've never seen him lazy and disinterested...are you're not sure you're talking about Leo Clarke or thattwat Jeffers...I think you're hoping he can be the fulcrum of the attack... nothing to do with him not being interested...more your poor interpretation about what was happening

Edited by daveyboy66