The Owls vs Port Vale. Official Matchday Thread.

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

You are amazing. For the second half of last season you were purring like a contented pussycat over the Hooper/FF pairing when everyone else on here thought it was awful.

I wasn't purring over it at all. 

The whole point I was making was that for the good of the team, it could work. As it did on plenty of occasions.

It was a direct response to your constant bleating on how horrific it was. 

You banged on constantly (and still do) that anything other than your preferred line up was a mistake on Carlos' part. Which of course as everyone can see, is nonsense.

Guest domSWFC
Just now, agentwalker said:

What?

Joao went off

Oh, must have miss read. Was it Nuno who came on for him? 

I enjoyed the game, because although it was a lower league team that we played, we looked very well organised and approached the game in the same way that we would for most championship games. Our shape was good, our discipline was good and apart from the usual suspects for MOM like Lee, Bannan and Lees I was surprised to see how good a game players like Semedo and Pudil had, with Palmer playing the best game I have seen him have for the last two seasons, since he won player of the season.

I would not have been too upset if Palmer had left in the summer, because he has even managed to play badly in games when he has also done good things. Over the last couple of seasons he seems to have lost stamina, concentration and determination. He has let the team down several times in a game on occasion, by letting players get an assist in or scoring a goal. It sometimes looked as though he was maybe trying to look casual, when he would have been better off looking desperate and getting a proper tackle in. Yesterday Palmer looked leaner, fitter and involved in the game throughout, even off the ball he was working much harder and he managed to get some good balls into the box too I hope he goes on this season and gives Jack Hunt a proper battle for the first team spot. 

Looking forward to our first game of the season now, roll on Sunday. Let's hope we can keep those Villa fans quiet after forking out all that money for their tickets!