Hutch At The Back

On 21/07/2016 at 10:57, james o connor said:

Who needs centre halves when we have two massive crocks. Lees, loovens and hutchinson as our only options would be foolish to put it mildly 

We'd definitely still need at least +1 other CB. We've lost Sasso and Turner and not replaced them. 

4 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Semedo has looked very good a few times at centre half, a few along side Llera spring to mind albeit at a lower standard than we are aiming for. Is he our 4th CB as back up if we don't get anyone in?

Semedo is a league 1 central midfielder not a centre half. we need a proper established new signing for that position. we should be improving the squad not weakening in 

4 hours ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Semedo has looked very good a few times at centre half, a few along side Llera spring to mind albeit at a lower standard than we are aiming for. Is he our 4th CB as back up if we don't get anyone in?

That would be unacceptable to be honest.

Keeping in in mind how we keep getting told that the high prices etc are to allow us to compete and push for promotion, I honestly think if we didn't get anybody in, with Loovens already injured, Hutchinson's record as it is, and ended up playing Semedo at CB, fans would deserve their seasons tickets refunding, it would be that ridiculous.

Must bring in a genuine, quality CB, probably priority number 1 at the moment

36 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Any who has seen Nuhiu play know that height doed not equal good in air.

People seem to he obsessed by height.

If thats all we want in a cb lets just play Lachman.

Thats true, Nuhiu isn't great in the air, and although Fletcher is a good five inches shorter, I'm sure he'll win more headers. The problem is, it's a changing game now, where championship sides are starting to replicate the Premier League. There it's not unusual to encounter a whole back four of six footers, plus two more as holding midfielders. We just don't have enough players who are good in the air to combat those sides, especially at set plays. We just won't get away with it.

29 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

How much do you think we need to spend to get a centre back that would start in place of hutch or lees?

Not happening. Will be a cover signing I reckon 

What other positions will we be spending money on? Not much on a couple of full backs, and possibly Forshaw and Reach on loan in August We won't be making any more than 7 signings, 2 have arrived on frees, so we might well spend big on a centre half. If our interest in Hanley was genuine, there's the evidence, that for the right player, we will spend

Guest wilyfox

Personally, I'd wait until we go up before spending big on a CB. We can recruit a 4th choice CB at the moment and get by competently at the back. They need not be a long-term solution. Nice if it were, but if for example you offered me Hanley or Abdi, I'd take Abdi. LB is my primary concern though. 

Edited by wilyfox

42 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Fletcher really isn't your average free is he? Pudil will come back and if we are to splash some money about I want a centre mid and a winger

Then squad players for a second left back and 4th choice centre back. Then I think we have all bases covered. 

I think we would be more likely to be looking at squad players for central midfield. With Bannan and Lee, 2 of our best players operating there, a starter is not a necessity On the other hand, we often struggled to find a partner for Lees, unless of course we can get a full season out of Loovens.

An outstanding footballer and was outstanding yesterday. One long ball in the first half over the top was sensational. His defensive work is unbelievable. Very different player to lees, who is better than hutch at using his body shape to defend. Hutch is the better athlete though.

please, please stay fit.

Clean sheet with yesterday's defence. Can't grumble with that.

Could've given a penalty away and got sent off though. lol

Fingers crossed Hutch stays lucky this season. If he keeps his discipline in check, its a no-brainer.

40 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

HITC is considered a shiote source by many but you can't argue with this article and especially the stats on Sam Hutchinson from yesterday...

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/07/16-clearances-951-pass-accuracy-hutchinson-was-outstanding-again/

Could have used some of that passing accuracy and mettle in midfield yesterday. Loovens will definitely get a lot of game time but he has serious competition now. Need Loovens back asap so Hutch can give us more midfield options if we don't bring in someone like Jedinak.

On 21/07/2016 at 09:34, theowlsman said:

Thought he looked class and assured.

Who needs Hanley, some random Scottish defender, or anyone else. Hutch is fine as cover for Loovens ta. Or vice versa!

Spend the dosh on a good, tricky, pacy, creative, winger / crosser.

I love him mate, he has that flip it attitude of tackle first ask questions later!!

He makes me go all mel sterland

He is however, nailed on to be sent off anytime soon !!

He was on a yellow card already then made some really bad tackles, any of which normally would have received another yellow, after another such tackle he winked at a team mate as if to say, "got away with that one", needs to sort this out or its an early bath.

apart from that he was very very good in all other departments.

Edited by daleblue

4 minutes ago, Lythamowl said:

I love him mate, he has that flip it attitude of tackle first ask questions later!!

He makes me go all mel sterland

He is however, nailed on to be sent off anytime soon !!

Red card or no isn't it 5 yellows within 10 games? Wonder what Hutch's record is. I bet he can do it in 5 games.