Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

Guest Ash76
25 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I think one initiative could be to at least get a discount if you buy the full kit or get the socks or some shin pads free. 

That might do for some but not me. I've explained to my little boy why he can't have it and understands it's not a reflection of him, got him on the path of valuation.

No meltdown about it, I see the product, I know the price and I make a decision but it definitely should be on the agenda. It's more expensive than last seasons adult shirt and arguably more than this seasons adult shirt when you consider the VAT

I am a season ticket holder but cannot make any night matches or Sunday matches, wanted to raffle off the games which  I cant get to with the highest bidder

paying directly to  the Rainbow charity, this would be done on trust as I will not receive any money.

It would not be in my or anyone else's benefit to give out my client ref number as this may be used by unscrupulous people.

The club say  that any sort of transaction with my season ticket without their consent would be illegal.

So it means as it stands my seat will be empty not only for the opening match but all Sunday and weekday matches, which is a waste.

Could you ask if there is a secure way that I can give my seat to a fellow fan (not a friend) when I am unable to attend.

Reason I cant get to the matches is work and travel time.

4 hours ago, vulva said:

Time after time fans fall for the chairman, manager, player 'I love the club' line. 

There is a time and a place.

The time for this was when things weren't progressing on the pitch and progressing in the structure of the club.

Throw down your concerns here, maybe they can be passed on by the steering group, because god knows they seem to need some help doing some steering.   I'm wondering if one of them insists on standing up the whole meeting.

Edited by salmonbones

I'd rather we didn't rock the boat too much. I'm prepared to have a shirt that I don't like for a season if it means we have an owner investing in us and getting us back to where we belong but I would like to know his logic behind charging £42 for a televised Sunday 4pm kick off game.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

Just now, ohgoditsjames said:

I'd rather we didn't rock the boat too much. I'm prepared to have a shirt that I don't like for a season if it means we have an owner investing us and getting us back to where we belong but I would like to know his logic behind charging £42 for a televised Sunday 4pm kick off game.

Maybe he's going for the kind of fan that's not you, constantly flipping whinging about it.   I almost feel it's a shame you were gifted a bloody seat.

1 minute ago, salmonbones said:

Maybe he's going for the kind of fan that's not you, constantly flipping whinging about it.   I almost feel it's a shame you were gifted a bloody seat.

I have a season ticket and I am telling you right now it is a blatant rip off and it's a disgrace.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

Guest mrbluesky

One simple question for me is "what is the reason for high match day tickets?" I`m sure he`ll give the honest answer.

2 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Yes, so you keep saying.

Those who shout loudest don't necessarily have the best argument.

No idea why you're trying to justify a disgraceful pricing structure. A real Wednesday supporter wouldn't want fellow owls to be priced out.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

Agree with a lot of what has been mentioned already.

For something different. Are the club happy with the state of the pitch one year on? Will the issues at the end of last season be avoided.

Will the first team having to train on it have any negative effects?

Would be interested in the role that the commercial manager will have at the club. Will he be mainly dealing with transfers or looking at the bigger picture, kits deals, off season commercial incomes, etc. 

14 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

No idea why you're trying to justify a disgraceful pricing structure. A real Wednesday supporter wouldn't want fellow owls to be priced out.

You keep using words like "disgraceful"l

If you are that bothered, get your season ticket money back and don't go.   It's as simple as that.

I swear, if some people weren't gifted a free seat, they'd not turn up and still whinge.

Edited by salmonbones

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

You're misrepresenting the argument on two counts.

Firstly: These are the costs for the opening day fixtures for this season. Do you think it is right that we are charging 25% more than the second highest chargers in that list of fixtures (Derby). Because in no planet is that OK. The average cost of those other games' cheapest tickets is £25... we are charging 68% more than that. Is our opening Championship day product worth 68% than the average Championship product? Putting all pride for Wednesday aside, is a justifiable and fair price to watch Wednesday 68% higher than all the other games in that list?

Secondly: Going on last seasons' prices at Leeds, you're wrong. Getting a ticket in advance as an away fan for a Category A game at Elland road cost £37. Furthermore, when buying on the day of a game, only the best areas of the ground in Elland Road would have cost £40+. We're in a situation where now even the worst view in the ground is going to cost £40+. 

Thirdly: Since when has "Well Leeds did it, so it's OK" ever been something that's said on here with actual sincerity?? :ghoulguy:

I am absolutely astounded that people are defending this. 68% more than the average price for Championship games and 25% more than the next expensive ticket, for a team based in one of the poorest areas in the country. If this label had anything other than "Wednesday" attached to it you would all be laughing and/or outraged at how utterly stupid that pricing is. 

Great post. Yet some people will still not admit there is anything wrong. 

8 hours ago, salmonbones said:

You keep using words like "disgraceful"l

If you are that bothered, get your season ticket money back and don't go.   It's as simple as that.

I swear, if some people weren't gifted a free seat, they'd not turn up and still whinge.

Pretty sure he's referring to pay on the gate, which are disgraceful. Anyone who thinks otherwise is out of touch with what the average bloke with an average job and 2 kids, Is up against.