Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

If the mods wish to merge this with the other steering group thread that's fine but that one seems to have gone slightly off topic and I'd rather this get seen by as many as possible:

I'm deputising for FlyingOwl at tomorrow night's steering group meeting, and apparently they go round the table asking for a question from each individual. Naturally there's several questions I'd love to put to the club, but they're my personal questions and I want to reflect the wider views of this forum, which is what FlyingOwl is on the steering group to do.

So, as a collective group what are the most burning questions we want the answers to about the way the club is run currently? Obviously some of them may be asked before I get the chance to so I'll make a note of all the popular ones.

I'll do a write up afterwards and attempt to get the best answers I can.

Ask Mr Chansiri why he thinks he needs to charge a minimum of £42 for the game against Aston Villa.

Oh, and is he aware or even care what the ticket prices are doing to the name of the club within the game.

That is all. Thank you.

Edited by SouthStandParty

Just show him this which was posted in another thread, and ask him why he thinks that we should have to pay way more then anyone else in the league

Fulham Newcastle - cheapest £25

Blackburn Norwich - cheapest £22

Birmingham Cardiff - cheapest £25

Derby Brighton - cheapest £34

Huddersfield Brentford - cheapest £15

Ipswich Barnsley - cheapest £27.50

Reading Preston - cheapest £23

Rotherham Wolves - cheapest £25

QPR Leeds - cheapest £27

Sheff Wed Aston Villa - cheapest £42

I'd like to know his reasons and logic behind the ticket prices. 

The kit - did he not think to get a view of the fans before hand. As they are the ones buying it. 

Expectations for the season. 

Things he thinks HE can improve on within the club 

Pleased or disappointed with season ticket sales.

Ground improvements in the pipeline 

4 minutes ago, glenowl said:

Just show him this which was posted in another thread, and ask him why he thinks that we should have to pay way more then anyone else in the league

QPR Leeds - cheapest £27

Fletchers wages aren't going to pay themselves! 

I think it will inevitably have to be ticket prices Groundhopper. 

We're charging 25% more for the opening game than any other club in this division, for a game that is on a Sunday and televised. None of the other clubs at home on the opening day have parachute payments, so that can't be an excuse for this one. We need to know why the club has decided to charge so much for this game. I don't even have qualms with the price of a Category A fixture... I think for example another playoff semi-final or a cup match against Man Utd for example should be charged at around that price... but surely the simple comparison against other clubs in the division shows that we're, frankly, being shafted here. 

So yes, why on Earth is the club charging 25% more for opening day POTG tickets than any other club in this division, when the club is based in one of the least affluent areas in the country 

QPR Leeds - cheapest £27

Guest Ash76
16 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

... which a lot of fans are liking 

16 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And an awful lot are hating

Normal service then

I'd agree ticket prices will be probably be top of the agenda, and will do my best to get to the bottom of the matter. However, I don't know if and when my specific opportunity will come up and that issue may well have already been covered, hence why I'm asking for other queries just in case.

Re. the new home kit (I'm assuming we don't have any particular problems with the other two, though feel free to contradict me), I think the split in opinion shows it's an issue that may want addressing, many fans like the new home shirt but I guess I'm trying to gauge if enough fans dislike the shirt for it to be brought up, and it certainly looks that way.

Keep the questions coming people.