Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

There's clearly a PR issue in that we always seem to use the highest prices for the first game which sets an awful precedent, even if the prices then drop. The problem last season in terms of PR was noticeable in that we had Category A* and it never got used (in fact I'm not sure we even had a category A game, I'm going to do some research before setting off) but in things like the BBC's cost of football survey they immediately jumped to using the A* ticket prices. 

14 hours ago, daleblue said:

I am a season ticket holder but cannot make any night matches or Sunday matches, wanted to raffle off the games which  I cant get to with the highest bidder

paying directly to  the Rainbow charity, this would be done on trust as I will not receive any money.

It would not be in my or anyone else's benefit to give out my client ref number as this may be used by unscrupulous people.

The club say  that any sort of transaction with my season ticket without their consent would be illegal.

So it means as it stands my seat will be empty not only for the opening match but all Sunday and weekday matches, which is a waste.

Could you ask if there is a secure way that I can give my seat to a fellow fan (not a friend) when I am unable to attend.

Reason I cant get to the matches is work and travel time.

i have the same problem and would love to let someone have my seat for a donation to charity but the problem with giving out my id is a problem.. can we find a way round this?. 

To add to those who in part rightly bring up some hypothetical figures about attendances, it was possibly tried last season to gauge appeal etc, think about this;

To have the chance to attend as POTG, without feeling utterly fleeced and cast aside (Not just for the first or Cat A games) is a great option to have, whether it's when the mood takes you or not; as so many have so many differing but just reasons for not being able to attend regularly at any one time) but to actually by default pretty much take that chance / choice away from a still sizeable number of fans per game, is down right disrespectful to this still to be respected section of the fanbase!

If I was there, the questions would be as follows:

1) Do the one-off ticket prices fit with Wednesday as a regional club which draws on many fans for whom a season ticket is not viable? They might mention the membership discount but the overall costs are still high.

2) Shirts and badges - the question of the club's identity.

3) Who is advising Mr Chansiri these days.

4) What's the plan if we don't go up this year.

5) stadium / facilities issues

29 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No we wouldn't have because it's on the TV

Arsenal match was on tele and it was a Tuesday night match and we got 35k, Brighton match at home was on a Friday night and we got over 34k and that was on tele. 

Edited by ohgoditsjames

Just now, ohgoditsjames said:

Arsenal match was on tele and we got 35k, Brighton match at home was shy just over 34k and that was on tele. 

A big prem club and a play off game are different .

Cup game against oxford we got 11k and brighton at home in the league we got 23k and that game was £20 in any stand

7 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

A big prem club and a play off game are different .

Cup game against oxford we got 11k and brighton at home in the league we got 23k and that game was £20 in any stand

And that's a tiny (then) League 2 club in the first round of a crappy cup competition (mid-week), and a mid-week evening game in early winter. 

Again, you can't compare them.

The truth is, possible attendances are supposition from both sides, so there's no point arguing about them. Saying that we got 23k against Brighton (200+ mile trip) for a mid-week winter game and then saying based on  that we wouldn't get 30k+ for the opening game of the season against a team much bigger team only 90 miles away, in summer at an afternoon kickoff, is just moronic. Equally, saying we got 30k against Arse and Brighton in the play-off semi and using that as an argument is equally fallacious, because again, those games meant very different things to a season opening.

Although, I'd make the argument that if we can get 23k for a mid-week winter Brighton game (how many did they bring, 500?) then on that basis we'd get at least 27k against Villa at the same price, purely because Villa would sell out the away allocation! (I'm not proposing 20 quid against Villa first game of the season is a good idea, just making a point)

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

And that's a tiny (then) League 2 club in the first round of a crappy cup competition (mid-week), and a mid-week evening game in early winter. 

Again, you can't compare them.

The truth is, possible attendances are supposition from both sides, so there's no point arguing about them. Saying that we got 23k against Brighton (200+ mile trip) for a mid-week winter game and then saying based on  that we wouldn't get 30k+ for the opening game of the season against a team much bigger team only 90 miles away, in summer at an afternoon kickoff, is just moronic. Equally, saying we got 30k against Arse and Brighton in the play-off semi and using that as an argument is equally fallacious, because again, those games meant very different things to a season opening.

Although, I'd make the argument that if we can get 23k for a mid-week winter Brighton game (how many did they bring, 500?) then on that basis we'd get at least 27k against Villa at the same price, purely because Villa would sell out the away allocation! (I'm not proposing 20 quid against Villa first game of the season is a good idea, just making a point)

I know it is pal but when fans say we got 30k+ in a cup game and a play off game you have to remind them what we got before it was classed as a big game

1 hour ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Arsenal match was on tele and it was a Tuesday night match and we got 35k, Brighton match at home was on a Friday night and we got over 34k and that was on tele. 

One was against a premier league team and the other a playoff for a place at wembley. Bit different 

Wednesday dont make things easy . At the Owls in The Park today if you spent £100+ on shirts/ merchandise you got the last seasons Goalie shirt free. A relation spent £300 + so qualified for 3 shirts free , but had to make three seperate transactions to get said shirts.

2 minutes ago, Apple said:

Is the new shirt Sheffield Wednesday's 'Brexit Vote' ?

Possibly. The clever ones want to keep the stripes - the others believe the lies about it being a return to our heritage and the fact that the kids shirts appear to be cheaper than the adults but aren't really. 

:stuwinky:

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Possibly. The clever ones want to keep the stripes - the others believe the lies about it being a return to our heritage and the fact that the kids shirts appear to be cheaper than the adults but aren't really. 

:stuwinky:

Does that mean big guns is Boris Johnson?  Is Neil theresa may?