Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

3 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

It can be argued that being 'Happy' about one or various things, doesn't mean one can't be dissatisfied with another.

So in your world, just because of all the GREAT things that have happened this past 12-18 months with our club... we should just ignore the things that still are some way off and put up with it - talk about ignorant to the nth degree wow!

Not ignorent  just happy it's my view

Just typed rather long mail but thought a few may see it as an attack and don't want to come across like that. 

I'd like to know more about long term development of academy, training facilities and ground. 

Also the poor state of merchandise. Is this something that the club can control or are they contracted in like food etc. 

Regarding pricing of tickets and merchandise I think we need to vote with our wallets. If it doesn't sell its wrong if it sells then it's right. For the first time in a while we are ran by someone who is showing signs that he gets big business. Whether this pleases us or (quite vocally on here) it doesn't I'd guess he/advisors know more than the common man or punter. Again I think if no one goes to villa pricing for next seasons opener be changed. History tells me that won't be the case. Cost similar amount against Bristol and still a good turn out. 

Pricing a a product is simple, if people buy it - it's deemed good value. It wasn't forced, is a choice and supply and demand will level it. 

48 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

A lot of fans I know including a few more at yesterday's match are happy with the pricing providing the club is making the progress we are 

ask him if we can just have a 2 tier pricing structure .......48 quid for those who are happy to pay it ......and 30 quid for the rest of us ........it will bring unity and have everyone on board pulling in the right direction .

I'm the last steering group, didn't chansiri mention that when ticket prices were reduced for certain games the increase in supporters was neglible?

IIRC he cited the Bolton game, but then people argued it was midweek, however people came flocking for the Arsenal game and that was midweek. Yes I know the difference between the two games but the way I see itbwe have a core set of supporters including POTG who will turn up. When ticket prices are reduced and a certain amount don't turn up we don't make as much money. Some of the attendances last season were poor considering league position, the players we have and the opposition....even when prices were lowered. 

Wasn't there a fame where Chansiri asked for 30,000 to turn up and we didn't meet that figure?

Maybe they did the experiment last season with the range of prices and they've studied the figures and this is the most cost effective method. 

Do I agree with the prices.....definitely not, but maybe there is a reason. 

Like the Villa game. Folk will stay at home and watch it on Sky no matter what we charge. Reducing prices may not get enough folk into the ground to cover the loss.

47 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Happiest I have been as wednesdayite for a long time.and I am content and positive the club are making the correct desicions 

We know that you're more than happy for fans to be ripped off. 

You've said it over and over again before. 

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I'm the last steering group, didn't chansiri mention that when ticket prices were reduced for certain games the increase in supporters was neglible?

IIRC he cited the Bolton game, but then people argued it was midweek, however people came flocking for the Arsenal game and that was midweek. Yes I know the difference between the two games but the way I see itbwe have a core set of supporters including POTG who will turn up. When ticket prices are reduced and a certain amount don't turn up we don't make as much money. Some of the attendances last season were poor considering league position, the players we have and the opposition....even when prices were lowered. 

Wasn't there a fame where Chansiri asked for 30,000 to turn up and we didn't meet that figure?

Maybe they did the experiment last season with the range of prices and they've studied the figures and this is the most cost effective method. 

Like the Villa game. Folk will stay at home and watch it on Sky no matter what we charge. Reducing prices may not get enough folk into the ground to cover the loss.

I can only speak for my own opinion: But I genuinely don't have a problem with the pricing structure. Assuming that the middle category (D) is roughly the average cost over the course of the season to get in, then an average Kop price of £33 is about right. Perhaps a bit costly, but definitely not unreasonably so in my opinion. 

The problem for me is this opening game price. I've stated the percentages several times and I'll do so again: 25% more than the next most expensive, 68% more than the average of the other games. For a televised game on a Sunday. That's just unjustifiable. 

If the season averages out around Cat D (And I think it will), then to me that is just about fair and reasonable. But this Category A price is just too much, and I would have thought should surely only be reserved for play-off games and big cup games against teams like Man Utd, Man City or dare I say it even Arsenal.

9 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Do you mean the Charlton game when 29,668 turned up and there were hardly any away fans. A game that is being written out of history funnily enough. 

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I can only speak for my own opinion: But I genuinely don't have a problem with the pricing structure. Assuming that the middle category (D) is roughly the average cost over the course of the season to get in, then an average Kop price of £33 is about right. Perhaps a bit costly, but definitely not unreasonably so in my opinion. 

The problem for me is this opening game price. I've stated the percentages several times and I'll do so again: 25% more than the next most expensive, 68% more than the average of the other games. For a televised game on a Sunday. That's just unjustifiable. 

If the season averages out around Cat D (And I think it will), then to me that is just about fair and reasonable. But this Category A price is just too much, and I would have thought should surely only be reserved for play-off games and big cup games against teams like Man Utd, Man City or dare I say it even Arsenal.

How many do you think will turn up? 

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Do you mean the Charlton game when 29,668 turned up and there were hardly any away fans. A game that is being written out of history funnily enough. 

Could have been. I'm enjoying a day out in the sun and don't have the figures in front of me.

As far as I'm concerned there is no justification for the prices and if I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't be paying those prices to watch the Villa game. I'm just trying to remind people of the clubs response earlier in the year.....maybe their argument has a certain amount if validity or maybe even it gives people an opportunity to think of something to go back to the club with rather than than just saying the prices aren't acceptable.

Edited by Miffed

Just now, Philb125 said:

How many do you think will turn up? 

~20k season ticket holders
~2k members with POTG

~500 POTG non members

22.5k home fans

Villa fans, who knows? First ever game in the Championship, big traditional club. Could be as high as ~5k (If Leppings Lane safety has been updated to allow more than 4.2k to be used), could be as low as ~1k

Either way, if this game was about at the 'average' price I've said I think it'll be over the course of the season, ie Kop and away fans at £33... with the high we finished last season on, Villa's following, the occasion etc... absolutely no doubt we'd have been within touching distance of, or exceeded 30k.

5 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Could have been. I'm enjoying a day out in the sun and don't have the figures in front of me.

As far as I'm concerned there is no justification for the prices and if I didn't have a season ticket I wouldn't be paying those prices to watch the Villa game. I'm just trying to remind people of the clubs response earlier in the year.....maybe their argument has a certain amount if validity or maybe even it gives people an opportunity to think of something to go back to the club with rather than than just saying the prices aren't acceptable.

That game showed people would turn up for a game against poo opposition on a Saturday.

Our crowds last year were disappointing- especially given the level of football- I think the prices overall and the publicity from the Bristol City game were a large contributor to that. My opinion of course. 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

~2k members with POTG

~500 POTG non members

22.5k home fans

Villa fans, who knows? First ever game in the Championship, big traditional club. Could be as high as ~5k (If Leppings Lane safety has been updated to allow more than 4.2k to be used), could be as low as ~1k

Either way, if this game was about at the 'average' price I've said I think it'll be over the course of the season, ie Kop and away fans at £33... with the high we finished last season on, Villa's following, the occasion etc... absolutely no doubt we'd have been within touching distance of, or exceeded 30k.

Mao an extra 2-3k fans. I think as a business decision it justifies it. 23-27k at higher price V's 27-30k at lower price. 

There red must be a point that the business case doesn't stack up. Whilst I'm not disagreeing it's high, I can see logic. Fair no! Justifiable unfortunately yes. 

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

A lot of people buy home shirts to take on holiday

If the new shirt was on sale at the last game of the previous season

The club would have sold loads riding on the back of a successful season

Perhaps then, the club wouldn't have to resort to such a drastic change of strip

I will wait until the stripes return in two years before I buy another shirt

But didn't DC try to get the shirts out for the last game, but kept sending them back cos they were crap

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

Mao an extra 2-3k fans. I think as a business decision it justifies it. 23-27k at higher price V's 27-30k at lower price. 

There red must be a point that the business case doesn't stack up. Whilst I'm not disagreeing it's high, I can see logic. Fair no! Justifiable unfortunately yes. 

Assume 20k season ticket holders. Assume every POTG goes into cheapest available seats without membership. Assume every POTG is an adult to maximise revenue (Kids' cost doesn't change). We'll work using my arbitrary hypothetical minimums and maximums that you've used above (Debatable as to whether they're accurate or not but it's the best either of us have got right now! :biggrin:)

At Category A, £42

23k (3,000 POTG): £126,000

27k (7,000 POTG): £294,000

Average: £210,000

At Category D, £33

27k (7,000 POTG): £231,000

30k (10,000 POTG): £330,000

Average: £280,500

I appreciate that it all isn't exactly linear or accurate, but it gives the picture: From a commercial sense the likelihood that there isn't going to be an increase in revenue. The only way that there's any more than a marginal increase in revenue comparatively is if we see an attendance towards the higher extreme in Category A and we would have seen an attendance towards the lower extreme in the Category D scenario. Again, I appreciate these are all hypotheticals, but I've just got to disagree with you (Although I appreciate that your opinion isn't based on spite but rather seeing the potential business sense in it!). 

Add on the PR disaster this causes... even if I make the argument that the extremes will be met and there will be a marginal increase in revenue... is it really worth it? Once again, this season we'll be known across the league as the 'expensive place' and we've disillusioned many fans, both Wednesday and otherwise, already with this pricing structure for the first game of the season. 

Again, I have to reiterate: On the whole I have no issue with the pricing structure the club has implemented. It's the price of this first game that's coming across as unreasonable. 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Assume 20k season ticket holders. Assume every POTG goes into cheapest available seats without membership. Assume every POTG is an adult to maximise revenue (Kids' cost doesn't change). We'll work using my arbitrary hypothetical minimums and maximums that you've used above (Debatable as to whether they're accurate or not but it's the best either of us have got right now! :biggrin:)

At Category A, £42

23k (3,000 POTG): £126,000

27k (7,000 POTG): £294,000

Average: £210,000

At Category D, £33

27k (7,000 POTG): £231,000

30k (10,000 POTG): £330,000

Average: £280,500

I appreciate that it all isn't exactly linear or accurate, but it gives the picture: From a commercial sense the likelihood that there isn't going to be an increase in revenue. The only way that there's any more than a marginal increase in revenue comparatively is if we see an attendance towards the higher extreme in Category A and we would have seen an attendance towards the lower extreme in the Category D scenario. Again, I appreciate these are all hypotheticals, but I've just got to disagree with you (Although I appreciate that your opinion isn't based on spite but rather seeing the potential business sense in it!). 

Add on the PR disaster this causes... even if I make the argument that the extremes will be met and there will be a marginal increase in revenue... is it really worth it? Once again, this season we'll be known across the league as the 'expensive place' and we've disillusioned many fans, both Wednesday and otherwise, already with this pricing structure for the first game of the season. 

Again, I have to reiterate: On the whole I have no issue with the pricing structure the club has implemented. It's the price of this first game that's coming across as unreasonable. 

Cheers for doing the workings! My fast and loose version not as cut and dry as I'd have assumed. I'd like to think they've done the modelling and have the Bristol game as a benchmark. 

Was as very similar threads, protests even by BC fans last season and largely the stigma disappeared as the prices averaged out. 

I'm in no way digging you out on this and enjoy reading your posts! Just think a business case is there and it's probably (not definitely mind) been thought through. Obviously if we get a low gate this logic is thrown out window but I'd guess that we will be in top 3 attendances on opening weekend and with exception of Newcastle, likely be in and around top attended venues in our league. 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

~2k members with POTG

~500 POTG non members

22.5k home fans

We'd have been nowhere near the figure of 30k cos it's in the tele. We wouldn't have got that if we'd have charged 20