Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

6 minutes ago, Miffed said:

If you're going to do that GHO, then tell him that I love the new home shirt and it'll be the first one I'm buying in years.

Ta.

Ask him to do just a special edition of 10 then for those who like them.  Then do a run of 500 proper striped ones.... Only 500 though cos at £55 that's all they'll sell any road. 

..so apart from the shirts and ticket prices..

I REALLY want to know what's happening with the retail store, and the range and quality of stock within it. It's absolutely DIRE at the minute even by our usual standards. To be honest I wondered if it was so bare because we were having a total stock refresh of stuff with the new badge and branding on, but I'd also expect that to have already happened with 3 weeks to go until the season started.

Our entire retail operation feels like a work in progress before a single bit of work has taken place.

Not a fan of the shirt design because it's not a Wednesday shirt - but that's personal preference.  I wasn't going to buy one for myself anyway.

The main focus HAS to be the prices, for tickets, membership and for the shirts.  The price of a kid's shirt, especially, has crossed over from merely overpriced into the realm of immoral and exploitative.

The big thing for me is the membership at £50. A 66% increase. I don't like the 'some games will have a £10 discount' which games? - if you miss those game you need to attend 11 games to make a £5 saving. That's just stupid.

I would genuinely like to know why the fans who have suffered decades of failure, poor signings, lower division football, season after season of dross football, punctuated with the odd high moment and who have paid their hard earned money through thick and thin to keep this grand old club afloat when it seemed inevitable that the end was nigh, are now basically being either priced out of the game or being asked to bankroll the push for promotion to the Premier League when the Chairman clearly stated that he would do what it takes to get the club there. Is 'what it takes' actually simply expecting the fans to pay extortionate prices to fund the plan? When/if the club get there will prices shoot up again?

Lets face it, there will be only one financial winner if/when that promotion happens and the way prices are going it won't be costing the Chairman as much outlay as it initially seems...

At the very least can the Chairman confirm that prices won't be going up again when/if we do get promoted, given that we are being expected to pay Premier League prices already and the club will be earning a vast amount of money when they do go up?

Edited by Guest

32 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

How old are you? Are you a fully grown man? If so why would want to buy a shirt? 

lol

Ahh, that old rhetoric. The fashion police out in full force. 

There are plenty of grown men up and down the country who wear replica shirts to football games. There were loads at Wembley. Nothing wrong with wearing your colours. Its been that way for donkeys years and if there wasn't a market for them clubs wouldn't make so many. The same reason clubs change their shirts every season.

I'm sure you'll represent us well and I look forward to your report.  It will probably be a lively meeting but Mr Chansiri should be left in no doubt that the fans are appreciative of all he has done for the club and the fans.

The only thing he has got wrong in my opinion ( and he did say he would make mistakes) is the pricing.  I know a box holder who did not renew last year due to the massive increase and 7 of the 10 people in that box were wealthy business owners who had spent thousands on Wednesday and would do again. They were loyal supporters who were treated shabbily.   

Season tickets are a bargain, and everybody who can afford one should buy one but POTD prices should be more reasonable.

Are there plans for a wider range of goods in the shop ?   Kits, hats, scarves is not exactly a wide range.   How about Wednesday car flags ?

How about expanding the club shop into town and Meadowhall premises while they are overhauling it? If they stick decent stuff and price it well it will sell.

Or are we tied by the Sondico contract to not be allowed to compete with Sports Direct? That's a point...

22 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Ahh, that old rhetoric. The fashion police out in full force. 

There are plenty of grown men up and down the country who wear replica shirts to football games. There were loads at Wembley. Nothing wrong with wearing your colours. Its been that way for donkeys years and if there wasn't a market for them clubs wouldn't make so many. The same reason clubs change their shirts every season.

Touché 

lol

2 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Why are the prices of everything so utterly scandalous?

Not just over the top, but ridiculously over priced.

Tickets, boxes, shirts, mascots, sponsorships - all vastly overpriced.

Well without wanting to state the obvious I feel I have no alternative.

The prices are so high as to minimise the amount he has to subsidise the club.

The things I would bring up are the state of the shop. The playoffs should have been a real money spinner. I went to the shop to buy a scarf and a couple of flags. They didn't have any, all that was there were those play off tshirts. We drove down the m1 and there were blokes in the services selling swfc scarves and flags, if delboy can get them manufactured and sold why can't the club? The general stock was dire, winter coats etc. 

The other thing and by far the biggest issue is the price of the kids shirt £49 is diabolical, absolutely no defence for that in the slightest but people will still pay it because that's just what happens with football. 

Adult tickets for the villa game and membership is badly priced. 

3 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Why are the prices of everything so utterly scandalous?

Not just over the top, but ridiculously over priced.

Tickets, boxes, shirts, mascots, sponsorships - all vastly overpriced.

Because as yet we are not getting big TV money to smooth the cogs, and we've already started to pay big wages. Unaffordable wages if not in the Prem.

I once had 30 fellas working for me at £100 a day each.... that is £3,000 a day in total but we took £7,000 a day and  still made a £1,000 a day profit after all costs.

But paying £35,000 a week to one bloke accounts for almost £2 million a year alone..........don't make sense yet.

This is a must go up season or I rather think that DC may just walk.