Steering Group Meeting Tomorrow

15 minutes ago, sjaowl said:

Because as yet we are not getting big TV money to smooth the cogs, and we've already started to pay big wages. Unaffordable wages if not in the Prem.

I once had 30 fellas working for me at £100 a day each.... that is £3,000 a day in total but we took £7,000 a day and  still made a £1,000 a day profit after all costs.

But paying £35,000 a week to one bloke accounts for almost £2 million a year alone..........don't make sense yet.

This is a must go up season or I rather think that DC may just walk.

The more I hear the more I get this feeling too. 

3 hours ago, glenowl said:

Just show him this which was posted in another thread, and ask him why he thinks that we should have to pay way more then anyone else in the league

Fulham Newcastle - cheapest £25

Blackburn Norwich - cheapest £22

Birmingham Cardiff - cheapest £25

Derby Brighton - cheapest £34

Huddersfield Brentford - cheapest £15

Ipswich Barnsley - cheapest £27.50

Reading Preston - cheapest £23

Rotherham Wolves - cheapest £25

QPR Leeds - cheapest £27

Sheff Wed Aston Villa - cheapest £42

Hmm lets see with the exception of derby and us all these home teams are rubbish and need to keep gates low to even get 15k through the door.

Leeds charge about 40 a game to home and away fans as do a few others

7 minutes ago, David1867 said:

The more I hear the more I get this feeling too. 

Just remind me when we had 20,000 season ticket holders before are you saying that these fans are stupid because they actually can see what DC is trying to do or are you saying they have got it wrong ??

3 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Just remind me when we had 20,000 season ticket holders before are you saying that these fans are stupid because they actually can see what DC is trying to do or are you saying they have got it wrong ??

A bit of punctuation would help pal. What I think you are asking is if I think 20000 season ticket holders are stupid? 

I dont think they are stupid and I'm not really sure why you are asking me that? 

13 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Hmm lets see with the exception of derby and us all these home teams are rubbish and need to keep gates low to even get 15k through the door.

Leeds were a fair bit cheaper last year than I imagined. Cheapest ticket for their top category game if you bought in advance was £32. 

6 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

You're misrepresenting the argument on two counts.

Firstly: These are the costs for the opening day fixtures for this season. Do you think it is right that we are charging 25% more than the second highest chargers in that list of fixtures (Derby). Because in no planet is that OK. The average cost of those other games' cheapest tickets is £25... we are charging 68% more than that. Is our opening Championship day product worth 68% than the average Championship product? Putting all pride for Wednesday aside, is a justifiable and fair price to watch Wednesday 68% higher than all the other games in that list?

Secondly: Going on last seasons' prices at Leeds, you're wrong. Getting a ticket in advance as an away fan for a Category A game at Elland road cost £37. Furthermore, when buying on the day of a game, only the best areas of the ground in Elland Road would have cost £40+. We're in a situation where now even the worst view in the ground is going to cost £40+. 

Thirdly: Since when has "Well Leeds did it, so it's OK" ever been something that's said on here with actual sincerity?? :ghoulguy:

I am absolutely astounded that people are defending this. 68% more than the average price for Championship games and 25% more than the next expensive ticket, for a team based in one of the poorest areas in the country. If this label had anything other than "Wednesday" attached to it you would all be laughing and/or outraged at how utterly stupid that pricing is. 

18 minutes ago, Miffed said:

And if I want to, I'll wear my socks on my feet at the same time as a pair of crocks.

Note - Does not (and will never) own crocks.

Lots of blokes up and down the country wear crocs. If there wasn't such a big market they wouldn't make so many in large sizes. Fashion police eh. 

lol

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

..so apart from the shirts and ticket prices..

I REALLY want to know what's happening with the retail store, and the range and quality of stock within it. It's absolutely DIRE at the minute even by our usual standards. To be honest I wondered if it was so bare because we were having a total stock refresh of stuff with the new badge and branding on, but I'd also expect that to have already happened with 3 weeks to go until the season started.

Our entire retail operation feels like a work in progress before a single bit of work has taken place.

I am tempted to ask along these lines if the main topics have been done to death. Just to say, I think you are correct about the new badge and branding, I went in a few weeks ago to buy some of those daft cufflinks we do to wind up a piggy mate at a party, only to be told that a lot of stuff like that is out of stock because the badge has changed. I suspect I'll be told that a whole new range is coming soon.

Guest mrbluesky

Chansiri OG again I`m afraid, we`ve increased season tickets sales but will massively reduce potg so really we are back to square 1 with the crowds and revenue, if he can not see this then it`s worrying, I`ve said in another thread that it may well be that FFP has a part to play but to be honest if we fail to get promoted this coming season It will almost lead to sanctions the following one.

36 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You're misrepresenting the argument on two counts.

Firstly: These are the costs for the opening day fixtures for this season. Do you think it is right that we are charging 25% more than the second highest chargers in that list of fixtures (Derby). Because in no planet is that OK. The average cost of those other games' cheapest tickets is £25... we are charging 68% more than that. Is our opening Championship day product worth 68% than the average Championship product? Putting all pride for Wednesday aside, is a justifiable and fair price to watch Wednesday 68% higher than all the other games in that list?

Secondly: Going on last seasons' prices at Leeds, you're wrong. Getting a ticket in advance as an away fan for a Category A game at Elland road cost £37. Furthermore, when buying on the day of a game, only the best areas of the ground in Elland Road would have cost £40+. We're in a situation where now even the worst view in the ground is going to cost £40+. 

Thirdly: Since when has "Well Leeds did it, so it's OK" ever been something that's said on here with actual sincerity?? :ghoulguy:

I am absolutely astounded that people are defending this. 68% more than the average price for Championship games and 25% more than the next expensive ticket, for a team based in one of the poorest areas in the country. If this label had anything other than "Wednesday" attached to it you would all be laughing and/or outraged at how utterly stupid that pricing is. 

I wouldnt quote percentages on here, people get very offended and just tell you to stop moaning at everyfink.

Maybe theyve hidden some rare pokemon/men in Hillsborough, or bought magic beans.

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

I wouldnt quote percentages on here, people get very offended and just tell you to stop moaning at everyfink.

Maybe theyve hidden some rare pokemon/men in Hillsborough, or bought magic beans.

Or they tell you you're dumb when in reality.......

2 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Please could you ask what's happened to Grandad ?

Have the Thai brides got to him ?

3 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

..so apart from the shirts and ticket prices..

I REALLY want to know what's happening with the retail store, and the range and quality of stock within it. It's absolutely DIRE at the minute even by our usual standards. To be honest I wondered if it was so bare because we were having a total stock refresh of stuff with the new badge and branding on, but I'd also expect that to have already happened with 3 weeks to go until the season started.

Our entire retail operation feels like a work in progress before a single bit of work has taken place.

This needs to be on the agenda, as it's been like this for decades

3 hours ago, Ash76 said:

In all seriousness the cost of kids shirt has to be the biggest issue

I think one initiative could be to at least get a discount if you buy the full kit or get the socks or some shin pads free.