Training on the pitch

Guest Grez Bez

I was driving behind a tractor on Penistone Road last week.

Should we close down Hillsborough?

12 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

If the situation at the training ground was unsafe, then South Yorks Police would have closed it down by now.

More like the HSE.

No organisation worth its salt would risk the wrath of the HSE, people may grumble about current conditions but I am sure the relevant analysis has been done to determine if its a safe place to be a work environment, with work obviously being in this instance sport and the safe movement on site.

22 hours ago, David1867 said:

Obviously not. 

The training ground shouldn't be open at the minute with the work going off. The academy should be training on pitches elsewhere in the mean time. 

I spent years working on a farm , tractors everywhere , and funnily enough , i managed to spot them every time one of them was anywhere near me. 

Stop hiding behind elf and safety , common sense is all thats needed to avoid being splattered by a John Deere 

13 minutes ago, steelowl said:

How's the pitch - anyone been down this week got a pic or 2 ?  been superb grass growing weather so hopefully no patches  

I miss last year's 24/7 pitch perv 

Grass on the two top pitches, it looks like the main pitch is ready to be seeded/turfed. 

New portacabins are fully in place and cladded the area around them has had fresh tarmac. 

My daughters recently had a new school building built. All school year they have been doing building work whilst the children are still in school. Now they are demolishing the old building, whilst the kids are in the new area.

it has all been done perfectly safely and there have been no major issues. 

Can't see why it would be any different with the training ground work.