Training on the pitch

2 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Apologies if been discussed before but noticed on Fletcher interview we're training on the pitch? What's up with the training ground? Flooded? 

Doing all the pitches up.

Not seeded anything yet though, last i knew.

The club reckon the work will be done within 2 weeks. I'd be suprised if the pitches are done for then. 

The work should have started straight after the Cardiff game but nothing happened for a couple of weeks. 

Its a bit of a disgrace on the clubs part that the training ground is still open at the minute. There's potential for a health and safety nightmare.  All the young academy teams are still training and with tractors and trucks whizzing about, portacabins being delivered, trenches getting dug up for cabling. It's a dangerous place to be and should be shut for the work to be finished. 

3 minutes ago, darklord said:

Bit of danger will keep them on their toes and improve their reactions 

Ha, that is probably the thinking! 

To be fair the place is no better than a building site and if something was to happen then there would be serious questions to be answered. 

21 minutes ago, David1867 said:

The club reckon the work will be done within 2 weeks. I'd be suprised if the pitches are done for then. 

The work should have started straight after the Cardiff game but nothing happened for a couple of weeks. 

Its a bit of a disgrace on the clubs part that the training ground is still open at the minute. There's potential for a health and safety nightmare.  All the young academy teams are still training and with tractors and trucks whizzing about, portacabins being delivered, trenches getting dug up for cabling. It's a dangerous place to be and should be shut for the work to be finished. 

Are you seriously telling us that the safety of our young players has not been taken into consideration...fcvk off you piigy tw@

17 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Ha, that is probably the thinking! 

To be fair the place is no better than a building site and if something was to happen then there would be serious questions to be answered. 

start worrying about your centenary...it's not far away

18 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Are you seriously telling us that the safety of our young players has not been taken into consideration...fcvk off you piigy tw@

Thats exactly what I'm telling you, it's a dangerous place for young kids right now. 

Piggy tw@? I don't know how you work that one out? Getting brave behind your computer 

58 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Apologies if been discussed before but noticed on Fletcher interview we're training on the pitch? What's up with the training ground? Flooded? 

The Gypo`s that were parked up on the park and ride at Middlewood recently nicked all the turf off the training ground. 

48 minutes ago, David1867 said:

If they cant see a tractor coming, it dosnt bode well for their ability to see an opposition player coming towards them. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If they cant see a tractor coming, it dosnt bode well for their ability to see an opposition player coming towards them. 

Obviously not. 

The training ground shouldn't be open at the minute with the work going off. The academy should be training on pitches elsewhere in the mean time. 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think people should be able to post stuff without getting called a piggy tvvat.

It's just what happens when you say something they don't like I suppose. It would be a different story if a kid gets knocked down or injured.