17k Season tickets sold

10 minutes ago, Forza SPAL said:

It would be interesting to know the official method. Man Utd v Bournemouth had an official att. of 74,363. Look at the pictures. I'd be surprised if there was even 60,000 there.

UTO

FTB

Reading the article, using your example:-

60,000 passed thru the turnstyles.

74363 tickets were sold, including every ST.

The difference is the ST holders and day ticket purchasers that didnt turn up.

Don't know the actual way the attendance is calculated, but I do know that, for every match I attend, my ST, or the printed ticket if this applies, is scanned.

I do know that I cannot get in using my Derbyshire Gold card, since this does not scan. I'm using a new wallet which is tight and frequently pull out the wrong card.

Having travelled to Hillsborough for many years, I can usually estimate the attendance to within 500 purely by sight alone.   

In point of fact, you're all wrong. Since 1948 attendances at all football grounds have been calculated to an amazing degree of accuracy using radar, except for at Rochdale, where the stony-faced chairman would have nothing to do with such new-fangled trickery so, for many years, they used to get Gracie Fields drunk and then ask her to shout out random numbers.

Just got mine surprised actually I got the finance option because I dont have a great credit score but it's all signed and sorted, so to all those who thought they might not get accepted so wasn't going to bother I say give it a try let's get the old lady rocking WAWAW

Find it strange that the actual number of people who turn up for a particular game isn't recorded as the official attendance. I would have thought that there would be some sort of safety issue for knowing the number of people in attendance. 

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Find it strange that the actual number of people who turn up for a particular game isn't recorded as the official attendance. I would have thought that there would be some sort of safety issue for knowing the number of people in attendance. 

I believe SYP do keep exact numbers for this reason, however they do not release them. I heard someone on here sent a freedom of information request to get the exact figures but not heard from it since.

17k season ticket holders isn't too bad but imagine being a Liverpool fan and having to get out of Anfield when there's been a crowd of 500 million, the back rows of the stands must be an awful long way from the pitch. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthLondonSpur View Post
Do you really think Anfield is revered around the world? It isn't even revered in this forum! Anfield with the Liverpool team and the Liverpool fans may be revered but the stadium is not.
Actually, Anfield is revered by over 500 million Liverpool football fans around the world and many others following other teams. Even one of it's stands, The Kop, is revered around the world . The problem is the stadium is dated and the 90s rebuild of the Kop was poor, so the stadium doesn't match it's status in the world game.

On the bright side, after several false dawns, Anfield redevelopment is well underway. The new stand is awesome and it's not difficult to imagine how incredible the stadium will be once four new mighty stands are built. It might take a long time to get there, which frustrates some of us, but it's sure to happen one day.

jonnys liked this post
LASER11 no está en línea  

On 12 June 2016 at 22:04, salmonbones said:

Sorry wrong - it's bums on seats - actual bodies through the turnstile no matter if more tickets were sold.

Not according to DC at the steering meeting , he said the Charlton game where the official attendance was near on 30k was actually 26k as 4k season ticket holders didn't turn up 

But what's he know ! 

5 minutes ago, the monk said:

Not according to DC at the steering meeting , he said the Charlton game where the official attendance was near on 30k was actually 26k as 4k season ticket holders didn't turn up 

But what's he know ! 

Still find it hard to believe that more than a quarter of season ticket holders didnt show up for a saturday 3pm kick off game. Sure there will always be a number of season ticket holders who dont turn up for every game for whatever reason but at between a quarter and a third seems unusually high

43 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

If we're still shifting ST's up to 20k.. Then it is even more remarkable that a percentage of that 20k will have also bought 2 or 3 year ST in the first phase! 

I believe around 8000 people committed to the three year deal.