17k Season tickets sold

3 hours ago, dmw said:

I've never bought a season ticket (live in Cheshire and just get to as many games as I can) but am now tempted to get a couple to share among self, wife, son, daughter. What happens though if 3 of or all of 4 of us want to come to a given match? We would want to sit together but there may not be seats available alongside designated season tickets. Is there an option to get 4 in a row somewhere else with two of them treated as pre-paid by virtue of holding the season tickets? How does this work?

Ignore the previous reply you got. 

You can move season tickets for random games, myself and my Dad have a season ticket in the south. If my brother comes along we move the season ticket seats for the one game and pay for 1 extra ticket only, we are all then sat together. 

We we did this maybe 6 times last season. You have to call the shop to do it though, the out of hours ticket line cannot move the season tickets for one of games. 

Edited by n_v_owls

39 minutes ago, n_v_owls said:

Ignore the previous reply you got. 

You can move season tickets for random games, myself and my Dad have a season ticket in the south. If my brother comes along we move the season ticket seats for the one game and pay for 1 extra ticket only, we are all then sat together. 

We we did this maybe 6 times last season. You have to call the shop to do it though, the out of hours ticket line cannot move the season tickets for one of games. 

Ah, OK. That figures because I was just chatting to my son about this. He said one time he took a seat in the Kop which he was told had been made available by a season ticket holder who couldn't go. Except that in the end he could after all make it so bought another ticket nearby. This confused the regulars in that section and they all got chatting about it.

On that basis I might reconsider and maybe get those STs.

Anyway thanks for coming back on this.

4 hours ago, dmw said:

I've never bought a season ticket (live in Cheshire and just get to as many games as I can) but am now tempted to get a couple to share among self, wife, son, daughter. What happens though if 3 of or all of 4 of us want to come to a given match? We would want to sit together but there may not be seats available alongside designated season tickets. Is there an option to get 4 in a row somewhere else with two of them treated as pre-paid by virtue of holding the season tickets? How does this work?

Me and my son have had a season ticket in the North stand for years

Sometimes my wife will ask to come

When I've been to buy her a ticket, I've swopped my seats so all three of us can go together

I've always done this midweek because I live close

You'd probably have to get to the ticket office early on matchday, but it is douable

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

Me and my son have had a season ticket in the North stand for years

Sometimes my wife will ask to come

When I've been to buy her a ticket, I've swopped my seats so all three of us can go together

I've always done this midweek because I live close

You'd probably have to get to the ticket office early on matchday, but it is douable

As I live in Hale, Cheshire, I would have to do this by phone. I don't know if anyone mans the phones over the close season but am tempted to call the club and ask them precisely how this would work. If I can work out a reliable way of doing a ticket swap when needed I'll invest in the season tickets. I can't in general go to midweek games (because I do contract work - currently split between London and Stirling) but my wife and son would be able to make quite a few midweek games.

On occasions when no-one can go I suppose we can release the seat(s) for the club to resell (as per the seat my son bought in the Kop as mentioned above). I guess in that situation you don't get any money back, but have the satisfaction of knowing you helped both another supporter and the club. 

10 minutes ago, dmw said:

As I live in Hale, Cheshire, I would have to do this by phone. I don't know if anyone mans the phones over the close season but am tempted to call the club and ask them precisely how this would work. If I can work out a reliable way of doing a ticket swap when needed I'll invest in the season tickets. I can't in general go to midweek games (because I do contract work - currently split between London and Stirling) but my wife and son would be able to make quite a few midweek games.

On occasions when no-one can go I suppose we can release the seat(s) for the club to resell (as per the seat my son bought in the Kop as mentioned above). I guess in that situation you don't get any money back, but have the satisfaction of knowing you helped both another supporter and the club. 

It might be easier contacting them via email and leaving your phone number, I go in the shop quite often and the stuff are usually too busy to pick up the phone.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

It might be easier contacting them via email and leaving your phone number, I go in the shop quite often and the stuff are usually too busy to pick up the phone.

Assuming there is anyone minding the inbox, but worth a try.

28 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

It's great news. Here's a question. How are attendances calculated, do they on the number of tickets sold or the number of people through the turnstiles?

Tickets sold

14 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

Sorry wrong - it's bums on seats - actual bodies through the turnstile no matter if more tickets were sold.

If you google Man United true attendance the top two items are Guardian and Manchester Evening News articles. They claim that Man U (and every club) attendances are calculated and announced from tickets sold, not people thru the turnstyles.

Sorry, I dont know how to post links.

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

If you google Man United true attendance the top two items are Guardian and Manchester Evening News articles. They claim that Man U (and every club) attendances are calculated and announced from tickets sold, not people thru the turnstyles.

Sorry, I dont know how to post links.

If you are correct, we would seem to be the exception - why else would "4000 season ticket holders" be an issue otherwise?

2 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

If you are correct, we would seem to be the exception - why else would "4000 season ticket holders" be an issue otherwise?

Its not about me being correct. Its whether the journo is correct. 

Just now, Holmowl said:

Its not about me being correct. Its whether the journo is correct. 

No, we have a point of reference.   Last season we were told that when season ticket holders dont go, they don't get counted.

Neither you or a journo has anything to come, both are wrong if you say opposite.

1 minute ago, salmonbones said:

No, we have a point of reference.   Last season we were told that when season ticket holders dont go, they don't get counted.

Neither you or a journo has anything to come, both are wrong if you say opposite.

Just took a quick look at the article to refresh my dodgy memory.

It is saying that when Man U say their attendance is 74k, there are actually only roughly 64k in the ground, according to the police. Because a percentage of ST holders dont turn up.

I cant remember the exact thread on here, but I think it was the Rotherham match, when the 30k published attendance was claimed to be actually 26k bums on seats.

Over to others who have a younger and better memory than mine.

3 minutes ago, salmonbones said:

A few seasons ago someone at the club was moaning about the attendances saying a lot of st holders were not attending so it doesn't happen at hillsborough, it happens at old trafford and the emirates though. I've seen an article in the paper comparing the actual and tickets sold attendances at man u and when arsenal played west brom there was a bit of a boycott by fans and still 61,000 was announced on the tannoy which was pointed out by the commentator.

Just now, dan140177 said:

A few seasons ago someone at the club was moaning about the attendances saying a lot of st holders were not attending so it doesn't happen at hillsborough, it happens at old trafford and the emirates though. I've seen an article in the paper comparing the actual and tickets sold attendances at man u and when arsenal played west brom there was a bit of a boycott by fans and still 61,000 was announced on the tannoy which was pointed out by the commentator.

I think it was lee strafford